Thanks, Lion.

Aequitas

I'm a big Homeworld 2 fan. But, I just updated to Lion on my MacBook (oops, apparently). I lost a few apps, nothing big, but not being able to play Homeworld 2 is something I'd like to change. How well does WineBottler or WineSkin work with creating Lion-ready apps?

I saw the revamped Lion Avernum versions, which is what gave me the idea.

Originally Posted By: Annhog
Originally Posted By: Arancaytrus
(Being that this is posted on Spiderweb, for a moment I supposed the topic was referring to the game Homeland 2.)

Ditto. My next thought was "is there such a thing?" My final thought was "why is there such a thing?"

There is. It's been under development for nearly ten years, but that says nothing - consider Duke Nukem Forever.

Also, once it is finished, it will have been retroactively released in 2002.

Click to reveal.. (Quote train)
Originally Posted By: Basically
Originally Posted By: Triumph
Originally Posted By: Arancaytrus

Also, once it is finished, it will have been retroactively released in 2002.

As a form of retrioactivity, does that mean Slarty is involved?

No, if anything, it's Richard White. You need to get your implants checked.

Did ye not know? The Nine Headed Cave Cow has blessed us with the reincarnation of RW in the form of Slarty. Sinners rejoice!

Richard White has nothing to do with Homeland. His brand of bad is entirely different.

—Alorael, who still finds RW better than his reputation. Ocean Bound is boring. Lost Souls is actually not bad, and it would be very fun if it had a multiplayer mode and a level editor. Galactic Core is just a big disappointment for reasons of total lack of balance and ridiculously bad AI.

(Note that Homeland was actually made by Steven Morris, not Richard White, though some have hypothesized that they are two incarnations of the same Time Lord/Great Old One.)

Also, I was only trying to make a humorous throwaway remark, not derail the topic into inside jokes and SW memes. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

Originally Posted By: Darth Ernie
what was richard whites relationship with spiderweb software?

Spiderweb used to host the games on this website. There was a forum and everything, as well as many jokes. But you wouldn't understand them without the implants.

I like SubTerra. It's really underground, though; you've probably never heard of it.

Spiderweb used to publish games by third parties. Richard White sold three games through Spiderweb, which were not very well received. Homeland was generally disliked as well. The most successful of the bunch was SubTerra, which was actually registered in appreciable quantities, had an active fanbase, now has a sequel, and can be found at its creator's website.

—Alorael, who does not appreciate the SubTerra pun. And he liked Avernum while it was still underground, and called Exile.

The bio for him at Crystal Shard says he started out as a fan of Subterra before helping design Subterra 2. I kind of want to say he started here, but forum history is your field, so I won't push the issue. Either way, it's nice to see old members still around on other parts of the internet.