G4-Whats the word

Im thinking of trying a new class possibly in g4. I have however, never played as either the servile and shocktrooper or the other 3 original identical shaper classes. Is there any difference between the agent and the infiltrator and warrior/guardian for that example in this game and previous.

I want to play as a shaping/missile or melee character. The past games relied on magic for me and this time i want to give it a go with a warrior or shocktrooper. The only problem is i cant decide which. I only want to take a monster from the ground and power them up through the game and rely on me for the rest. I read the posts and this is not a good idea. Should i play the warrior or shocktrooper?

Originally Posted By: Death Knight
Im thinking of trying a new class possibly in g4. I have however, never played as either the servile and shocktrooper or the other 3 original identical shaper classes. Is there any difference between the agent and the infiltrator and warrior/guardian for that example in this game and previous.

I want to play as a shaping/missile or melee character. The past games relied on magic for me and this time i want to give it a go with a warrior or shocktrooper. The only problem is i cant decide which. I only want to take a monster from the ground and power them up through the game and rely on me for the rest. I read the posts and this is not a good idea. Should i play the warrior or shocktrooper?

The shock trooper is a fun class that basically enables you to play as a Shaper without magic but with 8 combat-ready creations (the last one being the PC, who can actually stand up to front line combat). I played one on my first G4 play through, and the only real weakness is a lack of mental magic.

The Warrior is basically a tank with a few support creations. It requires more careful one-on-one engagements and tactics, since you lack the army of the Shock Trooper. It's probably harder to play, but certainly is more powerful as a singleton.

All in all, I'd say that you should go with the shock trooper. I certainly had a lot of fun with that class!

Aw, my earlier post didn't go through. Oh well.

Be warned that the warrior can be tough to play, even with a few powerful creations. The servile might be an option too, since it's a warrior/magic combo. Dikiyoba likes the shock trooper best, though, despite the number of creations you have to manage. It's fun to lead your creation army into battle and fight alongside them.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: ToddMcF2002
Yeah... the Warrior can be very tough to play. Avadon feels like a walk in the park compared to the constant pummelling I took in GF4 scraping my way towards the finish.

I dont know if i could go that far. Avadon is not even in geneforge's league. Geneforge may be a very hard game (and it is), but at least it has a large amount of redeeming qualities.

I don't know if I'd say Avadon isn't in Geneforge's league. Its unfortunately streamlined, but its still quite good. I'm about 80% through Geneforge 1 now and compared to Geneforge 4...it is a walk in the park. However, I'm playing as a Shaper with a few Vlish. I've only had one battle where I had to create 2 additional Dryaks to survive. I decided to tour the island northern wastes and now I'm too high level for most of the remainder of the game.

Bottom line... I think the melee class in this series is just freakin difficult. Maybe I'll try Geneforge 2 as a Guardian to see if I get my butt kicked again for old times sake.

Im having a bit of trouble with sticking with a class. I was going to give shaping/combat a try with a shocktrooper but i realized that i couldnt just go commando with 1 insanely buffed/leveled creation. I might just have to go with a warrior. Is it possible/viable to use a shocktrooper and just deck out all your points in a creation and stick with that guy+magic+combat. I know shocktroopers arent good in magic, but ive read their stats and they have good essence points. I dont have the patience to control an army of disposables and last guardian i used didnt turn out too well.