List of sellable items/Illogical trading

radiojonty

Agreed, Avernum was a quicker land ;-) here money isn't that much above all for blessings, 3.000 coins each blessing seems a lot, compared to the dozens of objects one has to collect and sell to earn the sum (quest rewards apart).

You can however spare the amount later on and go back (to Vebeaux, to the trainer in Beast woods and so on).

Money is there, it is a matter of how patient one is, in this case you are able to buy weapons and blessings collecting nearly every useful item, but collecting slows down the game and may cause frustration.

Originally Posted By: Superba
Money is there, it is a matter of how patient one is, in this case you are able to buy weapons and blessings collecting nearly every useful item, but collecting slows down the game and may cause frustration.

How can it slow you down? If it's valuable, you shove it in your junk bag and sell it later. The game even reminds you what the shortcut key for putting an item directly into your junkbag is right on the inventory screen.

Dikiyoba.

This is true, with practice and memory :-) I am now able to proceed quicker and in each further playthrough it is easier to put together the money for blessings and weapons; on the other hand (sic) the comparison is with Avernum, where you collect more money than you need and quickly, at least this is what I remember about the previous (great) Spiderweb software game.

Radiojonty@ the value of reselled objects is approximately 1/5 of its original value, there's no way to bargain and every merchant buys at the same rate. But, you can buy the same object i.e. a battle crystal at quite different prices from different merchants, and in one situation you can even force the merchant to low down prices.

I overcame the money problem with a little hack I call "Talented Scavenger". I made rocks weigh 1/10 of a lb and be worth 1500 coins. Whenever I see a rock on the ground, my character stuffs it in the junk bag. I hate feeling strapped for cash in a game. The way I see it, my character should be a larger-than-life hero type, and, as such, he should be beyond a lot of mortal limitations.

The Talented Scavenger sounds good :-) , for those not skilled with hacking there's a sentence in Avadon Central that does the job.

Having started with cheats my playthroughs gradually, say, evolved into experience in order to get money. So I don't say this helps are right or wrong, they are useful when in need, but the game is designed to let players reach its end also without them.

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
Actually, the weight of the rocks is irrelevant. In Avadon, as in other recent Spiderweb games, weight limits don't apply to items in your pack (or junk bag, now).

So true, but Talented Scavenger started in Avernum, and I just hadn't figured out the junk bag when I started Avadon.