Character Strength by End of Game[G5]

Asher

I just finished playing Geneforge 5 for the first time.

I was just wondering how my character in the end, stands up to most peoples characters.

I played as an Agent with one Pet... I made a Drayk when I found a canister to one.. before that, I hadn't made one creation as I was trying to ply solo.

This is how my Character and Pet looked, stat wise, in the end.

It would be nice to see how other peoples characters compared.

Click to see my main character

Click to see my pet

I might play again, as a Shaper next probably.

To be honest, you invested more in blessing magic than you should have and put points in shaping that could easily be obtained by using items or purchasing them. All the while, the points that you put in unnecessary skills could have been benefiting your primary skills.

As for your pet, well its better to just make a whole new creation than to invest with a creation's skill points. All of that essence tied in intelligence, dexterity, and so forth aren't very helpful.

Other than that, your agent isn't too bad. Just needs to pump more in battle magic and mental magic.

Yeah I agree that I should not of once trained in shaping.. only I needed to make a Drayk and had sold all my gear with shaping bonuses at the time. Next time, I'll remember to keep them.

I really only use mental magic for unlock and I use every battle blessing I can constantly.. on hindsight though, I could of done a bit less of both and more battle magic.

The only thing I'm inclined to disagree with though is, as for the pet.

I like my pet to live all the way through the toughest of fights and be able to never miss, never run away just because half it's HP's are gone or there are a few vlish around that can be easily killed.

Also, if I was to have thought ahead and saved those bits of shaping gear... then I would not of been able to carry them around with me to remake a creation all the time.

Oh and near the end of the game, I did a little test.. my Drayk ended up just as about as strong as a a freshly made Drakon but with a hell of a lot less Essence used.

"Oh and near the end of the game, I did a little test.. my Drayk ended up just as about as strong as a a freshly made Drakon but with a hell of a lot less Essence used."

That's nearly impossible. A drayk with all stats pumped is not going to be more cost efficient than a drakon with 2 intelligence. It was only that your drayk was level 43, the drakon most likely wasn't. If, instead, you made 2 drakons with 2 intelligence only and let them level up, they would be much more powerful and use about the same essence.

Originally Posted By: Txgangsta
"Oh and near the end of the game, I did a little test.. my Drayk ended up just as about as strong as a a freshly made Drakon but with a hell of a lot less Essence used."

That's nearly impossible. A drayk with all stats pumped is not going to be more cost efficient than a drakon with 2 intelligence. It was only that your drayk was level 43, the drakon most likely wasn't. If, instead, you made 2 drakons with 2 intelligence only and let them level up, they would be much more powerful and use about the same essence.

Of course, drakons become available later in the game than drayks do, so there's less time for them to level up. In terms of damage output, some levelled-up lower tier creations are actually pretty competitive with higher-tier ones, although they tend to fall behind in survivability.

You're right that raising stats is generally the least efficient way to improve your creations, though.

Originally Posted By: Txgangsta

Hey, I don't mean to be nit picky or anything, however:

Originally Posted By: Asher
.. my Drayk ended up just as about as strong as a freshly made Drakon but with a hell of a lot less Essence used.

By that, I meant my Drayk that has been leveling for two 3'rds of the game was just about as strong as a Drakon that was freshly made, no leveling whatsoever.

Keeping in mind that my character had next to no shaping skill at all and I only found one canister for a Drakon but had found a canister AND training for a Drayk.

-----

Originally Posted By: Fflewddur Fflam son of Godo
I can't stand next to that. . .I'm a one of those Diplomat/Pickpocket/Ninja builds, so I usually finish the games at about Level 28. But finishing on level 52?! No way.

Well, I'm one of those people who have to kill just about everything that gives any sort of XP and do just about every quest possible.
I usually like to play solo or with as few characters as possible.
The downside to playing that way is it takes much longer. I think I finished the game at around 246 game days. Must of taken me about 3 weeks real time.

At G1 I finished at level 19. That's not bad for G1. In G2, however, I finished at level 41 (with 81 skill points to spare! No Gazak-Uss though.)

Just know if you finish as a Shaper with a lot of creations, you will be a lower level than if you never had creations. The creations suck up some EXP.

From personal experience doing completionist playthroughs and aiming for as much experience as possible, the maximum difference was about 4-5 levels in G4; a shaping-heavy shocktrooper ended up at level 43, while a solo servile can hit level 47. Not sure about G5; I never finished a solo servile run in that game.

People seem a little disbelieving.

Is there maybe a way I can upload a save-file somewhere so that people can see for themselves?

I would suggest that if you wanted to see if it is possible.. make a character as an Agent, don't make any pets until you get into the second region and then only ever make one pet.

Kill EVERYTHING hostile that gives XP on the whole map, no matter how little. Do every quest you can possibly do without switching alliances to Rebel. Sell everything you can that you don't need.

I'm pretty sure... by doing that you'll get to level 50.

Unless somebody knows how to play without having a pet back them up. I think it's impossible to get past level 52 though.. mainly because there is nothing left to kill. smirk

Is there maybe a way I can upload a save-file somewhere so that people can see for themselves?

I would suggest that if you wanted to see if it is possible.. make a character as an Agent, don't make any pets until you get into the second region and then only ever make one pet.
Kill EVERYTHING hostile that gives XP on the whole map, no matter how little. Do every quest you can possibly do without switching alliances to Rebel. Sell everything you can that you don't need.

Unless somebody knows how to play without having a pet back them up. I think it's impossible to get past level 52 though.. mainly because there is nothing left to kill. smirk

52 is reasonable endgame as a solo character. I think the level cap is 61000 XP or level 62, and it's very rare to get anywhere above 54-55ish, but 52 sounds perfectly normal for someone who dies all the sidequests, kills the Unbound, and wiped out most every hostile on all the maps.

I got to level 50 in G5 even as a fairly shaping-heavy Sorceress, so again, not much evidence that having creations makes a big difference.

• 2 months later...

Been reading nearly everything on this site after beating the game as an agent (battle/mental mage) then a shaper second time around. Agent was 46 (on hard I just can't beat everything as I never made a single creature), shaper was 53 with 2 creations following me the majority of the 2nd half and 4-5 towards end and expert dungeons. I think it's a bit too easy early on with daze to bother using creatures. As a shaper I didn't summon unless there was a boss or I was well into the 2nd map. I don't think I ever use early summons but I also haven't finished a game on torment yet...

Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
Or to get past level 52 and 50 do the iamweak code over and over. It might take a few weeks of typing, concidering it keeps giving less exp. every level. But after a few weeks. maybe even days, you can get to level 100.

Two points. First, there is a point at which that cheat gives you no exp, or at least there was in earlier games. Second, the level limit in G5 is well below 100. I think that it's 61.

Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
So it works doesn't it? I mean seriously, do you just quit on something when its hard to do? NO! You keep trying at that goal! Never give up!

No, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work. Just like killing ornks, you'll stop getting any exp at all after a certain level.