Wow, I can't even believe this

Enraged Slith

I can respect him because he has passion and it is harder to argue for the virtues of something, especially on the internet where anonymity leads to verbal assault of both the topic and person.

I didn't think the prequel movies were that bad. Sure they aren't as original because of all the other sci-fi stuff that has come out since then, but they are part of the legacy and tell an important part of the story.

Plus the battle scene are more epic and The Phantom Menace has arguably the coolest bad guy of the movies.

Vader in his prime, in A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, totally beats Maul for coolness. Vader may not show off such fierce fighting skills, but the overall character is much cooler - from the cape to the breathing to the casual execution of annoying subordinates. I think Grievous is also cooler than Maul. He had some character too. Darth Maul was so...undeveloped, at least TPM (I don't know about all the EU stuff).

/twocents

It may be my youth, but I don't see what the big deal is. They're prequels, of course some people will like them and others won't. That's life, pick a side and move on.

Darth Maul and Grievous are cooler visually, but Vader finds your lack of respect for him disturbing. I love the effects in the prequels more, yet I respect the original story.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
So wait, the guy wrote a really long review of Red Letter Media's really long review of the Phantom Menace, and the guy is crazy while Red Letter Media is great? Dikiyoba must be missing something.

No, Dikiyoba is a genius. If nothing else, for introducing me to Darths and Droids, which is such an amazing parody of the the prequals.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
So wait, the guy wrote a really long review of Red Letter Media's really long review of the Phantom Menace, and the guy is crazy while Red Letter Media is great? Dikiyoba must be missing something.

They're both reviews, and they're both long, so if that's all that matters, then yes, they are fundamentally the same.