A6 - Giants are wimps

Jerakeen

Does it seem right that giants are big pussycats compared to most Horde sliths? Clearing out Grindstone was a big yawn after doing Formello.

Maybe the giants have grown complacent and soft, while the sliths have been breeding and training warriors in secret for decades, but it still seems as if the big guys should be tougher than lizards.

I tend to hoard them until I see who needs a couple of extra points to get whatever skill they need next--early in the game it's not always obvious. But by the time you get to Tenevra, hoarding is certainly counterproductive.

The point was that the giants are wimpier by any standard than the horde sliths--it's not because my party is stronger. Mind you, the wandering packmasters put up a bit more of a fight. Must be all the exercise.

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
[…]
The point was that the giants are wimpier by any standard than the horde sliths--it's not because my party is stronger. Mind you, the wandering packmasters put up a bit more of a fight. Must be all the exercise.
I went there today too, after having done Formello (but not Tenevra yet; as it is Vanathai-territory I was under the delusion that it is to be saved for after the Sliths…)
Well. I just want to second, that the Giants are just big softies, if you have been able to do Formello.
The fight in the alchemical lab with the ambulatory goo is still some fun, though…

That's because players are wimps. Too lazy to reload and fight the battle over or go back to one of the few towns with a healer that will raise them for an overpriced fee.

Back in the old days of Exile you had to rearrange equipment to keep the most valuable when a character died dumping his belongings in a bloody pile.

Originally Posted By: VCH
For the exploding slimes I just sacrificed my two front fighters. …

Well, you can do that for a while, but it's quite expensive…
If you really got a big stack of return life scrolls or if your priest already owns the return life skill and also has a lot of mana – he always uses up 50 energy.
After having run out of return life scrolls (sic!), my party decided to go for the 'cheaper' version of blowing the things up from far away.

I just had the tank 'out there' to distract the goo from attacking the rest of the party, so they could stay out of the dangerous zone.