Chat Rooms

Celtic Minstrel

Dahak and I have started up an IRC chat room, for those here who use such things. (I know there are at least two others.) I've no idea how much interest there is in this, but... if you want to come chat, it can be found here. (If you don't have an IRC client, use this link instead.)

Additionally, there's a web-chat over at Calref. It can be found here.

Um... I'm not quite sure. I think bookmarking it normally should work. A cursory glance at ChatZilla's page suggests that it doesn't have its own way to bookmark it, but I've no idea really.

I see you entered the room for a few minutes there. Sorry I wasn't paying attention.

Well, a couple of people showed up and talked a little. I missed Iffy's appearance though, due to supper. :(

Like dark, not fun can not fill something, is is just the absence of fun, meaning it is not actually something that can fill something else. just wanted to say.

Actually, you're wrong. Dark can fill something; to say a room is filled with darkness means that there is no light. Similarly, to say a room is filled with not-fun means that there is no fun. It's not a contradiction to say that something is filled with an absence of something.

"Fun" isn't a thing. It's a reaction. We don't have a good name for the antonym, but it exists, and one can experience it. When something causes a great deal of such an experience, one might well call it full of not-fun.

—Alorael, who slightly prefers fun'. And, of course, !fun is probably ideal, though the Roguelike fans will get distracted by trying to drink it.

I feel pretty proud for starting such a hilarious conversingness,

also saying filled with an absence of is like saying something isn't not true

and fun can't be dranked, drunk, drinked, whatever, as it is not physical, sanity is the only thing that is sometimes physical and sometimes not

explicate !fun, also i bet !fun! is even better and more ideal and impossible

The prefix '!' denotes "not" in several programming languages and occasionally among the more tech-savvy logicians. The same character represents a potion in Roguelikes, and thus is prefixed to describe potions. A potion of heroism is a !heroism, for example.

—Alorael, whose hopes your wisdom has increased from reading this internet ?explication.

explicate (verb)- to explain, state more clearly

there, unless you wanted a scroll of explication to replace the one you used, in which case to make one you need 2 parts clear speech and one part understanding and 3 parts patience. think up those ingredients and mix softly for 2 minutes

Originally Posted By: I need no introduction
as for the chat room i cant see the point having one when there are bords to chat on alredy.
This one's easy. In a chat room, you're talking pretty much in real time, whereas on the boards you need to make a post, then wait for a reply, and refresh to see it.

...hopefully that makes sense.

Originally Posted By: llloyd
Personally i think boards of message taste much better, but you guys have different taste buds i suppose, nothing like a good message board snack and typing on a keyboard. mmmm, keyboard, oh wait no, mmmmm message board, yeah that's it. tastes kind of like metal if metal was a meat

many more posts like that one and im going to pass out.

Originally Posted By: Shaper Tristan
many more posts like that one and i'm going to pass out.

what do you mean by that? maybe it's my posts are too convoluted? wordy? are too often about how something tastes like? I want an explanation right now mister because i don't know what i'm being attacked(?) about. was that an attack or compliment though?

Originally Posted By: The Betamax Bandit
Maybe it's the atrocious lack of spelling and grammar present in your posts? I mean the trite you post is bad enough, but at least throw in some capital letters and do a spell-check.

You mean tripe. "Trite" means boring or uninteresting. God Nikki, throw in some shorter words and use a dictionary.

Illoyd: The boards are -not- a chat room. Capitalizing the first word of a sentence, using punctuation, and checking your spelling and grammar really does make posts easier to read. Although some people chose to be rude about it, I'd encourage you to ignore the rudeness and listen to what they had to say.

People making unnecessarily snarky comments about Illoyd: Being friendly makes everything better here. Please, let's keep everything friendly. If someone doesn't take your hint, rephrase it or send them a PM, don't start bashing them.

We're done here.