Favorite / most powerful class[G5]

Acky

Originally Posted By: Locmaar
Sorceress with as many War Tralls as possible.

Surprisingly enough, with my sorceress, I managed to make my two clawbugs, my cryora and my two vlishes (later on also a battle alpha) live through the entire game and if I had replaced either with a war trall, it'd have cost me much more essence for either a tidbit stronger or the same damage level roughly. Of course, that's by getting every creation asap and getting them to stay alive... I hated battles where boom, all ganged on a creation and it died, had to reload.

I have a history of playing a Leadership-heavy Guardian/Warrior, using almost no canisters, killing as few likeable people as possible, favoring "honorable" hand-to-hand combat, and getting my rear handed to me on a silver platter. Returning to the first game with a canister-guzzling, genocidal Agent, I was amazed to discover how much easier everything got, but frankly, I'd rather use my old style. (I think of it as playing on Torment without changing the difficulty setting.)

Guardians have base essence 40 and essence multiplier 6/8. Warriors have base essence 10 and multiplier 7/8. Given 10 Int, the Warrior will overtake the Guardian at level 23, a little later with less Int. Other than that, no.

My favorite has always been the Shaper, but G5 has converted me to the Shocktrooper.

Not really. Guardians start with more essence and Warriors accumulate slightly more as they level.

—Alorael, who at least notes that it's the one case where the rebel class isn't entirely and in all ways better than the Shaper class. No wonder the Shapers can't seem to win their war.