Cheats

I only used cheats three times. Once in Exile 2 when my saved file had a glitch where I was trapped through no fault of my own. In Blades of Exile I accidently rolled past the money cap into negative money and didn't want to collect enough to give me positive cash flow. The last was in Avernum 2 where it was my fault and i didn't want to start over so I recharged my spell energy and went out to redo the dungeon properly.

I hate to use a cheat, but sometimes after weeks of work you just need to do it.

I did for Geneforge X, but haven't for Avernum 4 so far. I don't know why (although not knowing the codes may help). I haven't even tried. Divine Restoration heals me enough so I don't have to go back to town, and I'm getting very good at reserving spell points.

I usually try not to cheat. I tend to cheat only when a BoE scenario is very hard and I want to see the ending.

Pheadran Altar casts:

Tsunami

The Lurker is dumbfounded.

The Lurker drinks a Potion of Clarity and casts Antimagic Cloud, then attacks.

After a few rounds, the altar casts tsunami again.

*scene repeats itself until The Lurker runs out of potions*

The Lurker casts:

Scry Monster

The Lurker notices that the pheadran altar has 1500HP.

The Lurker faints.

The Lurker wakes up, is annoyed, and cheats.

The Lurker still keeps getting 69ned.

The Lurker sobs, then enters debug mode.

I've only used the cheats in Geneforge 2 to play through as many endings as possible as fast as possible.

Dikiyoba also used the character editor in A2 after the six or seventh time through so Dikiyoba could concentrate entirely on Dikiyoba's character's personalities instead of their stats.