Avernum Poll

Okay, so why does the poll need a description?

All you have to do is answer the questions.

(And please don't post spoilers, and if you have to make a spoiler warning)

Edit -Too bad I'm a Windows user, and the Avernum 5 forum didn't allow polls so I put it here.

This would have been better suited in the Avernum Trilogy forum.

Avernum 4 was an egregious disappointment. Unlike it's throned predecessors, the game had little appeal after rummaging through Fort Monestary.

-My browser has the belief that "monestary" is not a word and seeks to correct it with "monetary".

Quote:
Originally written by It hates Iffy:
Okay, so why does the poll need a description?
All you have to do is answer the questions.
Um, it would be good if you at least had an informative topic title so we know whether to bother clicking on the topic in order to answer the questions.

A4 is first Spiderweb game that I played so I...you now got used to it so its my favourite at the moment while A5 is a disapointment cause it takes so long for windows version to get out(joking).

I played only demos of Avernum 1-3 I couldnt get used to game engine.

Starting parties in all the Avernums are the same. They're equally weak, and you don't really get better equipment early on. A4 and 5 have a different engine, but you still start off weak. That's an iron-clad RPG staple.

—Alorael, who must note that Jeff has complained about that very staple in one of his Grumpy Gamer columns. Not enough to do away with it, though, apparently.

Quote:
Originally written by Starman1985:
I meant something else in my post and don't feel like fixing it.
That is quite possibly the most stupid post I've read in a long time...

I find myself replaying Avernum 3 more than the others (not played A5 yet), but Avernum 2 was my favourite.

Quote:
Then would you be so kind to explain.We cant guess what you ment.

Quote:
If you keep it up you will pretty soon get a custom title.Cool down a bit.

Starman, please try to gain a sense of appropriateness. Your recent posts have demonstrated no evidence of one. I feel as though this topic has a place on these boards and shouldn't get locked, but the discussion in it has been remarkably lame, so please, let's return to the issue at hand.

I did think that A4 was missing whatever made A1-3 so neat. It was still a good game, but it wasn't gripping in quite the same way. From the little of A5 that I've played, I think A5 has it back again.

Nice. Try to retroactively blame the bystander in the stray hope that his spotty record will bail your butt out.

FYI, this has nothing to do with Iffy; this has to do with your smart-arse remarks, worthless comments, and the occasional because-you-feel-like-it-moments that result in something particularly offensive, usually more so because of its sheer stupidity.

Oh, and A3 was the first I ever played, and I still enjoy it to this day.

Dude, calm down. (And that last post did have content) All I asked was for you to post things that had content. And what do I know nothing about?

Back to topic- I agree with you, Kelandon. Avernum 4 was still a good game, and it was fun. It just didn't have what the others did, and my interest eventually died.

Quote:
I've been fighting with Iffy for as long as I remember and I'm not trying to use him to bail my butt out but mroe saying that half the things you don't like that I say I'm saying to either piss off Iffy or Fight with him in some way.
Has it occurred to you that maybe you both suck?

Yes and I'm okay with it as long as he is in pain I'm pretty happy.

EDIT: It's kinda funny that when I first came here I thought it was to discuss these games and as I slowly learned how wrong I was I suddenly meet Iffy who just makes me outright hate the website with such fury I tremble in rage whenever I hear his or the website's name spoken.

Edit: What's even worse is that nothing I can do can make him miserable and I have spent so many pointless hours on this website learning almost nothing of value (concerning spidweb games). And yet even worse I will never be able to get him out of my head or the fact he is probably a perfectly nice guy and I just happened to have had to deal with all the bull**** he has decided to say and do.

EDIT: And know for the grand finale I have spent god knows how much time listening to everyone whine and ***** about what I'm doing wrong and how I'm wasting people's time that they have easily amassed more time wasted than what I could possibly waste with my crazy ass rants, questions that only have meaning to me, and my comments that again only have meaning to me.