Sign in to follow this  
Lindwyrm

What will happen after Avernum 3 Ruined World?

Hello everybody, 

I just wondered if you already know what Jeff is planning to do after the iPad release of the Avernum 3 remake.. or generally asked: where do you get your informations? is there a direct information flow from Jeff to the forums staff? 

Since I'm a macOS user, I really appreciate the remakes of the older series :)

Following Wikipedia, Blades of Avernum is nearly 14 years old and there are still fans creating scenarios for it.. I strongly believe, that a good game benefits from an extensive and powerful editor. LoL and all of the other clones originated from a mod of Warcraft 3. I haven't played it yet, but I think there are countless fan made extensions for Skyrim. What I'd like to say is that there's an incredible potential in this community, and I really hope that Jeff is considering a new Blades of ... in the near future. 

What are your thoughts about this topic? :)

Edited by Lindwyrm

The last time this was asked with links to where to look for Jeff's thoughts on the matter:

Upcoming games

Hopefully the new game idea will be great. At least for the Geneforge gamers they will see the remakes starting in a few years. I don't think he's posted in the usual places anything new.

Yeah, don't hold your breath on another Blades, IIRC they didn't work too well and he's gone off those.

A good game benefits from a good editor (and a good modding community, that's not a given), but I don't know how it helps sales of the game, rather than replayability (which isn't quite the word).