Miranda fight in Corruption (spoilers)

Superba

Hi, there's a problem of understanding in this fight, I can see the logic in the blue particles flying and shielding the opponents, so I should destroy those monsters before attack the immune Miranda, what I don't understand it is how it works. I reached the point that only two recreated monsters had those blue particles, the other two are "sane", but the two remaining I could kill 100 times that still come out to have the blue particles. Stucked.

Extremely scripted fight that has to go the right way to finish in a few easy minutes. If you don't do what Jeff wanted than the fight never ends.

Once a character has a blue orb circling him/her, the character has to move within 4 tiles of Miranda and wait until you get the message that Miranda's shield is broken. Then do as much damage as you can before Miranda's shield is restored and you need to repeat the process.

I followed your instructions and all went very well, Miranda died, then I forgot to save the game and the party was killed by lava monsters before they could reach the trapdoor.

So I had to retry the fight but I quit after one hour and a half spent killing one eye monsters without any sign of blue particles. Really frustrating.

I can't say what I'm doing wrong now that I did well in previous fight.

Any suggestion please?

I followed your instructions and all went very well, Miranda died, then I forgot to save the game and the party was killed by lava monsters before they could reach the trapdoor.

So I had to retry the fight but I quit after one hour and a half spent killing one eye monsters without any sign of blue particles. Really frustrating.

I can't say what I'm doing wrong now that I did well in previous fight.

Any suggestion please?

With regards to the lava monsters -- don't fight them. RUN. For this one fight, you are NOT stopped from moving away more than one square from these specific monsters. Don't waste time or energy fighting them, just RUN.

The Core Miranda fight is such a stupid, stupid fight. There are way too many things going on at once.

(Also, Superba, once you complete the fight, you don't need to worry about stairs or trapdoors. Just head straight south. The terrain changes so there is a narrow path of smooth ground all the way to the exit. The stone sentinel dialog box should describe it happening.)

Dikiyoba.

The Core Miranda fight is such a stupid, stupid fight. There are way too many things going on at once.

(Also, Superba, once you complete the fight, you don't need to worry about stairs or trapdoors. Just head straight south. The terrain changes so there is a narrow path of smooth ground all the way to the exit. The stone sentinel dialog box should describe it happening.)

Dikiyoba.

,,, wow, I can't believe I missed that ...

Yes, the party used long range weapons a lot for the one eyed monsters, two razordisks, except for the sorceress who fought mainly with firebolts to spare area spells for Miranda.

They used turrets, ice and temporal, to hit the four eyes at a distance and keep us out of the fatigue spells. Also employed three pets at the time to keep busy the two big monsters close to Miranda.

Still don't understand why after all that fight time MIranda's shield didn't break.

Thanks for the after fight run tips, they will be really useful, once I will know how to make the blue particles circle around my head... :grin:

Oh. Is that so? Close to the critters. Ok, I'll try this one!

... later on ...

Done. It was nice and easy as Randomizer wrote, anyway Randomizer is always right :p

• 1 month later...

Snippity, snip, snip from my post bemoaning the fact that I couldn't beat Miranda. Sod's law, I had one more go and I managed to defeat her... Don't you just hate it when that happens :blush:

Snippity, snip, snip from my post bemoaning the fact that I couldn't beat Miranda. Sod's law, I had one more go and I managed to defeat her... Don't you just hate it when that happens :blush:

yea, I tried multiple times and finally when going close enuf apparently shield went off and got few hits in and few rounds after few hits more and then battle was over.

• 7 months later...

Help.

I did this on my first playthrough, but now I'm playing on Hard and keep getting killed. I've got turrets and I've got phoenix shards and a buncha other stuff and I know the "secret," but I can only get a few hits in on her before her shield goes back up, and I usually don't make it to even a second round at her. I figure it's gonna take at least five or six rounds or even more to get her, and I just can't stay alive.

How do you folks stay alive long enough to get her? I'm playing with Khalida and Yannick. Maybe I ought to go back to Avadon and get Yoshira instead of Yannick.

Any fairly detailed advice, such as where to place your characters and turrets? Thanks!

(Yes, I suck as a player. I can't believe I've made it this far into the game on Hard. Which is why I need advice!)

You need at least one character that can quickly move from one place to another so a Shadowwalker or the teleport scarab helps. Otherwise range attackers help once you can damage Miranda to avoid getting hit by her and having to heal.

I know I can do it in two or three times on torment difficulty, so part of the problem is making Miranda's two terrors attack a turret and keeping it recharged or replaced so you don't get hit. You might also summon monsters using wands to have extra meat shields.

I try to move along the edges to minimize the number of monsters that can hit me since getting fatigued is a waste of actions. Turrets get places about 4 tiles in from an edge so you have a corridor to move in with Miranda and her terrors on the center side.

Thanks Randomizer! Yeah, I've been jumping right next to her, and she slaughters me. There is, then, a reason that you only have to get within four spaces of her. After you break the shield, presumably you could move back.

I haven't been using summoned creatures enough, also. SOMEtimes her two pets go for my turrets, but I was also able to distract one with a summoned creature last time I tried.

I've managed to get back to Avadon from my save just before the fight, so I think I'll take Yoshira and Derrick, and keep Derrick as much out of the way as possible so he can do his healing, as long as the meat shields and turrets work to distract the terrors.

You're right: it's doable. I just have to be smarter about it. Thanks so much for the tips! I'll update when I succeed!

Whew! So I did it. I really was ready to give up, because as I said, I suck as a player. Took me at least a dozen tries. However, I got her at the end of the second round, finally! Interesting--you don't have to get her down to 0 health. The game just decides you've done enough damage to her and ends the fight.

I think there is some luck involved in this too. The terrors sometimes ignore the turrets and just leap into a nasty position. Plus, I had to use three summoned creatures--and that finally corralled the terrors. Two creatures plus the two turrets wasn't enough. And thanks, the placement of the turrets makes a huge difference, especially if they're in range to damage Miranda during her shield breaks. Glad I brought Derrick, though! He finally brought her down with a well-placed icy lance.

Also I used a couple of assault crystals, but I finally learned to wait for the right time to activate those.

So thanks Randomizer! Your advice got me though it, finally! Whew!