Doors

Erika Maroonmark

I didn't steal things because of ethics for a while when I first played the Exile games. I eventually realized this really was just a game. However, I found that most stuff that you can get away with stealing is generally garbage - almost everything in BoE is, and most items in E3 are, in my opinion. Haven't really seen most of E2's treasures.

Sure, you can make some money, but I find stealing low-value items a waste of time - I find it easier to kill some monsters, and pick their treasure up.

EDIT: Also, does something actually happen in E3 if everyone has pants and shirts. If so, I missed it.

Quote:
Originally written by BainIhrno:
Maybe he thinks killing monsters are okay because they're evil, but the townspeople are innocent. Well, at least that's how I thought of it back when I was eleven.
But are Bandits "Evil"? I mean, some people think adventurers are as bad as Bandits, so is killing them ethical?

- Archmagus Micael

Quote:
Originally written by Dead Weight on the Forums:
Quote:
Originally written by Ur-Noob:
Eh, it's obviously ethical enough. It's a game. Jeff probably put the stuff on there knowing you were going to steal it. But there's still my brother who won't do it because of ethics. :rolleyes:
Does he not kill monsters?
No, you need to kill monsters. He just doesn't steal stuff. But like Bain said, there's not that much good stuff to steal anyway.

In Exile, though, it's rather significant, since the minimum armor damage stacks. It's a whole lot better to wear six pieces of armor that protect from 1-1 damage, than one piece that protects from 1-10.

Also, don't forget that in E1 and E2, nobody wore pants.

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Taking exactly 1 less point of damage per hit isn't exactly anything to write home about. :p
It still can be agued as worth it, though, especially because pants are common and in most cases free. It's like switching your Iron Broadsword for an Iron Wave Blade, even though the wave blade is only one damage point better.