What class in geneforge 4 do you think is the most powerful or most useful?

My choices:

1. Lifecrafter / Shocktrooper; because shaping is the most powerful skill. Geneforge is really very easy played as a shaper. Shocktrooper is much the same but with slightly different tactics.

2. Infiltrator; magic is bloody useful, the only thing that holds it back is constantly running out of spell energy. Unless you cheat and give yourself more essence pods...

3. Servile / Warrior; four games later, melee is still rubbish.

I love the agent/infiltrator, as it gets more life points than the shaper and it's battle magic skills are really punishing, while mental can disable my enemies in order to kill them one by one, and the use of creations is hardly ever needed. I wish however that they would have cooler graphics, as i always change the looks of my agent/infiltrator with the shaper graphic.

I'd Have to say that the infiltrator is the best. With a couple of magic shaping plus 14 int, you can make a tank Lvl 40 wingbolt with 600 health thats impossible to hit. Back that up with Mass Energize, Battle Roar, Mental Barrier, Elemental Cloak, Spine Sheild, Augmentation and Essance Armour, and even Poryphra Ruins becomes trivial. You never actually have to use all that, but it's fun to watch a small army die with the wave of your hand