Music while playing GF4?

Darkdread

So, while you play Geneforge 4, do you prefer:

1)listening to the background sounds and groans, blade swings, etc?

2) put some background music, whatever your favourite style is.

3) Listen to the news or movies on TV.

4) listen to people speaking around you.

5) listen the radio.

6) listen to the rain falling

7) listen to your cat/dog/snake, etc.

??

??

I listen to music when playing games like World of Warcraft, but for some reason I don't like reading and playing music at the same time. That means no music for any of Jeff's games. At least his newer games have plenty of background sounds to fill the nothingness, and he's even thoughtful enough to have the noises stop when lots of text is on the screen.

I don't think it would hurt for Jeff to add some kind of ambient music to the game, similar to Fallout. Judging from the opening themes, his taste is neutral enough for it to work.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new and this is my third post but I have played the demos quite a bit for all but the first one and I realy think they could benifit from some music. Its not immposible to make clever background music. Plus I find that the background sounds aren't very good, I mean hearing machines or wind in a natural cave is just plain creepy. The town backgrounds are what I hate most because they got some weird lady saying Pa to ca ba (mooo) (cluck cluck) (wagon). repeat So I think that the sound effects could be greatly improved and I would love the game a lot more if they were. P.S. I know a guy that could maby do the job (raises eyebrows)

P.S how do you get the little call sign thing at the bottom of post?javascript:void(0)

Quote:
Originally written by Kernio the Magnificent:
I'm new and this is my third post but I have played the demos quite a bit for all but the first one and I realy think they could benifit from some music. Its not immposible to make clever background music.
Jeff hates music in games. Not going to happen. Full stop. Unless he thinks it'll get him a lot more customers, which he doesn't.

Quote:
P.S how do you get the little call sign thing at the bottom of post?
Your signature? Click the "My Profile" link at the top of the page, then click "View/Update Profile".

I like the background sounds as they are. Back when I was playing Geneforge I and was in town my roommate walked in and started talking about how he did not like being in a house with neibors so close by. He was like, see listen to that you can hear the neighbors talking. I had to point out that what he was hearing was my game. laugh In one of the first areas of the game it is raining, and I really enjoy listening to the rain fall. Music in this type of game is really not necessay, even though the sounds are a bit repititious. The sounds sort of set the mood in the differant areas.

I like the enviroment sounds of Geneforge, they complement some areas perfectly, but yes, it's quite repetitive. What really creeps me out are the areas that don't have background sound, they remind me of Exile...Also with other avernum games I usually have music from my own library playing, but not in geneforge.