G4 Level Limit

salmercker

ok one i aint a noob yes in new to this game but i have been playing games lie this since i was a little kid. 29 years so far. so before you go flamming anyone saying noob get your facts straight. yes there is a level limit i have faced everything in the game normally no cheats and couldnt get past level 40. so i tried the cheat codes that didnt work either. without higher level limits it is impossible to open or disarm certain traps.even IF you put everything into mechanics. i know i tried. they need to get rid of the level limit or at least make it to where when you goto untrap something or open a door thats locked that the difficulty aint that bad for a well rounded level 40 char.

Yes. It's not worth it. If they aren't designed to be wiped out, there aren't many (or even any) experience-giving enemies and no valuable items drop.

Originally by salmercker:

Quote:
without higher level limits it is impossible to open or disarm certain traps.even IF you put everything into mechanics. i know i tried. they need to get rid of the level limit or at least make it to where when you goto untrap something or open a door thats locked that the difficulty aint that bad for a well rounded level 40 char.
I've never had any real problems with locks and traps. A base mechanics of about 12 should be able to unlock or disarm everything, since there are several items that raise the mechanics skill. Doors that require many living tools or can't be picked at all probably require a key. You might encounter a shortage of living tools, but buying them from merchants and not using them on doors that have keys will help a lot.

The traps and doors in the fens are insanely difficult, but that's what the servile mechanics are for. Each one that you have with you gives you a +5 boost to your mechanics skill.

Dikiyoba.

Neither my lifecrafter nor my shocktrooper ran up against this level limit because their creations slowed down their XP gain.

Some ways of getting more experience are using fewer creations (or choose a solo character), never asking people to help you kill things (they can steal a lot of XP), and using living tools rather than Unlock. In G4 there are plenty of living tools to go around if you don't use them on doors that have keys, like the one storage room in Southforge.