Things you never expected a Shaper to say.

How strange can not things sound when they are put out of contexts?

This is a post about such phrases that your PC can say in-game, and even though they make sense when you say them can sound really awful out of context. This post goes for all the Genefroge game, not just G3.

I will start up and i hope for your aid. I have not done much research at this moment so i only recall one phrase, perhaps you guys will find more.

After taking care of the "monsters" under the fort on Greenwood, speaking with the Shopkeeper: "I have cleaned out your basement."

Quote:
Originally written by Aurora:
Orois Blaze in Breeding Valley says, “It is five thousand coins for every touch, and each sort of touch can only be given once”.
You know the "Breeding Valley" is the red-light district of spear Isle. Just look at the name! eek

Quote:
Originally written by Aurora:
Edit: You know, you could make anything sound odd. For example in GF1 you tell the servant mind “here is some nutrient fluid”.
eek

Perhaps I am deeply mistaken in my assessment of ordinary human thought patterns, but it seems to me that most people wouldn't even consider that connection. I can see why Alec wants to recruit you to Desperance.

(Meanwhile, I'm internally speculating as to just which four ways you're thinking of.)

Well, sperm themselves are basically just little blobs of hypercompressed DNA with a membrane, a tail, and a few enzymes that are necessary to burrow into the egg. Seminal plasma, which is the non-cellular component of semen, is a fairly complex mixture, containing sugar (mainly fructose), protein and a variety of lipids (fats). It's also high in vitamins and minerals (especially potassium and zinc). It also contains compounds known as polyamines, which have strong antibacterial properties.

Don't ask how I know this.

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
eek

Perhaps I am deeply mistaken in my assessment of ordinary human thought patterns, but it seems to me that most people wouldn't even consider that connection. I can see why Alec wants to recruit you to Desperance.

(Meanwhile, I'm internally speculating as to just which four ways you're thinking of.)
Umm, Thuryl, by “nutrient fluid” I meant breast milk, but the response was funny. The ways to be touched had some sexual intention to it.

Hmm, four ways to be touched. Okay, hugged, kissed, caressed , and I'll let you guys think of the final way. I said four because that's how many options there were in the game.

Edit: misread Thuryl's question.

Quote:
Originally written by Oceanus Delphinus:
Umm, Thuryl, by “nutrient fluid” I meant breast milk, but the response was funny. The ways to be touched had some sexual intention to it.
Uh, for the record, I wasn't the one who first mentioned exactly what kind of fluid the nutrient fluid could be. Yeah, that's the ticket. Plausible deniability.

Anyway, at least I'm not the one talking about breastfeeding a giant pig-thing that lives in a bowl.

Quote:
Hmm, four ways to be touched. Okay, hugged, kissed, caressed , and I'll let you guys think of the final way. I said four because that's how many options there were in the game.
Like TM, I was thinking of bodily locations, not manners of touching. Perhaps this reflects some significant gender difference, or perhaps simply a lack of patience on our part.

I always like to tell the female shopkeepers, particularly Ariyas on Harmony with the dried herbs quest :

"I would like to see your wares."

of course, there's another 'keeper where you demand it:

"Let me see you wares."

I guess, as a shaper growing in power, you get certain perks. wink

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Anyway, at least I'm not the one talking about breastfeeding a giant pig-thing that lives in a bowl.
Note the picture of the crying baby just above my post. That's what made me think of that. I wasn't thinking of the pig itself, but rather what is said to it. Along with the image of the baby, it made think of breastfeeding. Far more disturbing concepts than this have been posted by others.

Edit: clarifying