Geneforge cheats

Koranzite

I hate using cheats, but thinking them up is fun. smile

iwonthurtyou - Turns enemies on your map blue. Does not affect enemies that you must fight in special events like hunting patrols.

blindfoes - Makes all enemies in area unable to see you; they won't hunt you down and you can sneak past or attack them easily.

improve[number] - Improves the stat of your choice by 1. [Number] is the stat's number.

teleportto[x,y] - Brings you to the coordinates [x,y] on your map.

One could have a lot of fun with this. I for one would like to see the following cheatcodes:

• unlockalldoors: this is self-explanatory
  • turretsdie: all turrets in the zone spontaneously combust
  • shortcircuit: ditto for pylons
  • weedkiller: ditto for shrubs
  • clawbugsgalore: randomly fill the zone with clawbugs; good source of xp
  • obsessivecompulsivesort: automatically sorts all the items that are lying about around untidily into neat piles of like items in tidy rows near the zone entrances, ready to be carted off and sold by the PC

I like the button in Nethergate that lets you disable the character editor "cheats" to avoid temptation - so a nocheatsdurnit or noapplesineden would suit me.

I liked the Nethergate idea of making the character editor a very public part of the game, instead of a secret code you searched online or bought a special manual for. Then people who want to play that way can do it openly and get the game experience they like; and people like me who don't even want to be tempted can simply switch it off and take it from there.

I never liked the video game custom I saw (when my brother played action games) of only including part of the game manual with the game, so that you had to buy extra magazines or search the internet to find out how to use the rest of the game (combo moves etc.). I never saw a CRPG that really mimicked that, but I like for games to stay as far from that as possible.

Are we just making up amusing cheat effects here? If so...

skinbrightassunlight - Makes you completely canister-crazed, regardless of number of canisters you've consumed. All dialogue options become "(Attack)", "Die rogue scum!(Attack)", and "MUAHAHAHA(Attack)".

Iamcool - Turns you into Drakon, enabling the use of Drakon Geneforges from later games, with Geneforge-using Gf1 endings.

Imcool - Turns you into an ornk, disabling further use of cheat codes.

Quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:
Are we just making up amusing cheat effects here? If so...

skinbrightassunlight - Makes you completely canister-crazed, regardless of number of canisters you've consumed. All dialogue options become "(Attack)", "Die rogue scum!(Attack)", and "MUAHAHAHA(Attack)".

Iamcool - Turns you into Drakon, enabling the use of Drakon Geneforges from later games, with Geneforge-using Gf1 endings.

Imcool - Turns you into an ornk, disabling further use of cheat codes.
My votes with this!

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
I'd like a cheat code that allows me to type in the name of a zone and then send me there (for the ones I haven't discovered yet or are through red zones). Bringing back the money code would be nice too.
Good one; maybe it could be called something like "teleportme" or "beammeupscotty" (I couldn't help it on that second one, I'm a bit of a Star Trek fan). laugh

And I didn't even know there was a money code (not that I've ever needed it).