Level Forty-Five

Let's talk about Learned Thani for a moment. You know, the self-imposed recluse and presumable namesake of the Hermit Crossroads. Have you ever gotten on his bad side? I have, and what I found out was interesting to say the least...

So, recently I completed my first run of GF2-I. A normal solo-ish agent run of immense satisfaction. After defeating the final foe in Gaza-Uss, my barely-level-23 agent went on a merciless homicidal bender spanning the Drypeaks (like I do). The result of an acute psychotic break

following the grisly discovery of her mentor coldly slain

exacerbated by excessive cannister use (abuse?). But I digress...

So an agent went berserk and went on killing everything, including allies and even the ornks. No zone was spared. When she got to Thani, she tossed a massive 350+ damage firebolt and turned to leave, assuming Learned Thani had simply evaporated like all the other roadside merchants, another smoldering crater left behind. When the dust settled and Thani remained, not a scratch on him, the agent became furious. Bolt after bolt. Purge after purge. Nothing was connecting. She seethed with anger and frustration.

"How am I not hitting this guy?" I wondered. When I saw Thani's stats, I had my answer. 

LEVEL 45?! WTF...?!

I sh*t you not: Level 45. It took a good two to three minutes before anything I cast hit the bastard (5% hit chance.) Then another two minutes after that. And another minute after that. Thankfully, his attacks had nowhere near the strength to pierce my E Shield. So we danced for a few minutes before Thani succumbed to the flesh-melting acid I had insisted on imparting. 

Still, why is this servile level 45? And how can I get whatever he was smoking? 

Edited by Hyperion703
Syntax and semantic errors, censored a naughty word

46 minutes ago, Hyperion703 said:

Still, why is this servile level 45? And how can I get whatever he was smoking? 

The reasons are obvious. It is an act of the Goddess Bu'Ug. The whims of this goddess are capricious. Sometimes she helps. Sometimes she hinders. In a thankfully few cases she completely crashes the world. 

But fear not! 
There is a remedy. You could email the other Divines that look over this world and do their best to undo the damage Bu'Ug is doing. 

The secret ritual you require to contact those divines includes sending an email to support@spiderwebsoftware.com

@alhoon Nah, I rather like it this way. Adds character. I love little inaccuracies or oddball additions in games, even if they are unintentional.

But, after playing enough SW games, I'm half inclined to believe this was intentional. The dev adds fun, quirky elements whenever possible, something I certainly appreciate.

I just thought it was funny/interesting enough to tell y'all.

2 hours ago, Randomizer said:

It's to teach you not to kill everyone. :)

If only I had learned my lesson...

In fact, I dare imagine an alternate ending. One where miss thang continues her wantonly destructive, all-consuming rampage as she glides (level 23 agents hover/glide instead of walk) down into shaper lands and, in her blind fury, gets promptly swarmed and massacred by hundreds of council-loyal zealots. But not before delivering thousands of combatants and civilians alike to the endless depths of death's cold embrace. Glorious.

12 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

I did something similar as a challenge run for Mutagen... never again!

Hyperion, to my understanding, speaks of something very different: Finish the quests like a normal person and then once you're an amazing level with quest-equipment and rewards, training and all, go all Litalia and purge everything on the mountains except Ghaldring.