Content ratings

I am creating some BoE scenarios. Although I am only beginning to create my scenarios, I would like to know what I should set the content rating to. Could someone please tell me how to work out a scenario's content rating. confused A content rating is like G, PG, M, MA and R in Australia. In Spiderweb Software it is G, PG and R.

WARNING: IRRELLAVENT NOTE! In Australia, G means general public (everyone) PG means parental guidance recommended for people under 15, M means reccomended for mature audiences (Reccomended for people 15 & over) MA means mature accompanied (This is restricted and means that if you are under 15 you must be accompanied by an adult to see it) R means Restricted and you MUST be 18 (the age of consent in Australia) or over

G, PG, and R are the American content ratings. (There's also PG-13, but Jeff left it out of BOE).

G means General Audiences (Completely clean, everyone admitted) PG means Parental Guidance (Almost harmless, maybe a couple of fart jokes or something) and R is Restricted (Adult material, no one under 17 admitted without accompanying parent or guardian).

See MPAA

Note that this is pretty outdated; PG is basically the new G, and 8-year olds are allowed to see PG-13 movies with no protest.

In general, your basic BOE scenario is PG. If there's no combat at all and a happy-fun-bunnies plot, it's probably G. If you've got several gruesome murders, it's probably R.

However, scenario designers tend to overrestimate gore; Spears or Falling Stars are PG in my opinion, but they're rated R.

EDIT: Ash Lael has beaten me. Well, I have more words. Ha!

Quote:
Originally written by Little Billy Sue:
However, scenario designers tend to overrestimate gore; Spears or Falling Stars are PG in my opinion, but they're rated R.
I beg to differ. Falling Stars definitely earns its R rating. Most of it isn't too objectionable, sure, but one or two parts don't belong in a PG scenario. (Of course, with Falling Stars being what it is, many players will miss those parts, but they're still there.)

Quote:
Originally written by Little Billy Sue:
G, PG, and R are the American content ratings. (There's also PG-13, but Jeff left it out of BOE).

G means General Audiences (Completely clean, everyone admitted) PG means Parental Guidance (Almost harmless, maybe a couple of fart jokes or something) and R is Restricted (Adult material, no one under 17 admitted without accompanying parent or guardian).

See MPAA
Note that this is pretty outdated; PG is basically the new G, and 8-year olds are allowed to see PG-13 movies with no protest.
That is not what I am talking about. frown

Quote:
In general, your basic BOE scenario is PG. If there's no combat at all and a happy-fun-bunnies plot, it's probably G. If you've got several gruesome murders, it's probably R.

That what I am talking about smile but VoDT (Valley of Dying Things is not a "happy-fun-bunnies" plot but it is G. But you are probably right about R.
And I don't play Falling Stars or Spears and I won't for a while because I don't want my Mother looking at my computer just because I am playing one of those scenarios.