Decided to join the Shapers

So I was thinking of why I never could get into guardians and then someone mentioned on gog that I should try shapers. I started playing as a shaper in Geneforge 4 and its been a lot of fun and Ive gotten fairly far in a short amount of time. Ive gotten to Moseh and defeated him with little to no problems. Im using 2 creations currently and have decided that this might actually work if I keep up with my current build.

I was going to ask if this build of 2-3 creations will work in endgame for a shaper aligned life-crafter. Im using a fire shaping and a battle shaping creation. I have separated my build so that I use a high lvl of strong daze/daze to make up for the lack of creations. It will also get better when I reach 3rd and 4th lvl creations to level up with extra experience from lack of a large troupe.

My question is is it possible to use a smaller gang of creations of maybe 3 instead of the usual large gang of creations 5-6? Its been really easy so far and I haven't even died once compared to my previous times with a guardian. Isn't a higher amount of levels for all in a troupe reasonable to play?

The level difference is not significant. This is because experience you gain decreases as you level up. So, with fewer creations, you gain the lower levels faster and have your experience point gains start declining sooner. With more creations, your XP is divided up, so you gain the levels a little slower, but you don't hit the decline in XP value as soon. There will be a slight difference in levels, but the gains from those couple or few levels will not be nearly enough to offset the benefit added creations give in terms of damage output (all those attacks) / damage absorption (all the HP).

Can you play with just three creations? Sure! Especiallly if you're not going for crazy difficulty levels, I have no doubts it can be done. But don't think that it will be "optimal" or more powerful than running additional creations.

Thanks for the tips. Im definitely going to raise mental magic and spell craft a bit more than a usual shaper. I figure the less opposition attacking me the better. I might just have to be careful with where I situate my character. In Geneforge 1-3, its easier to lay low, for this game Im going to have to have more fronts held to prevent a tough creature from rushing my shaper.

I will recommend getting a wingbolt as soon as you can, Battle creations are not good at all in G4.

I never could understand that seeing as jeff doesn't seem to change much between games. In Geneforge 5, they are said to be great. I was going to use a rotghroth but I guess Ill switch it to magic and fire. Its not really a big deal.

I never could understand that seeing as jeff doesn't seem to change much between games. In Geneforge 5, they are said to be great. I was going to use a rotghroth but I guess Ill switch it to magic and fire. Its not really a big deal.

Battle creations got a major upgrade between 4 and 5, especially the War Trall. Compared to G4's version, the G5 trall is both cheaper and stronger.