Happy Valentines Day!

Trenton.

vday.jpg

I've had pretty bad luck with Valentine's Day for most of the last few years. I've gotten major assignments due the next day, extra shifts at work, and illness. My favorite incident was a mindless action movie night (Banlieu 13) for singles that got crashed by couples who felt excluded and proceeded to be nauseatingly affectionate.

—Alorael, who today, in a manner largely unrelated to the holiday, attempted to make chocolate mousse with a new recipe and not quite sufficient ingredients. It came out not quite stiff enough to be mousse, but he did get some pretty good chocolate pudding, so it's okay.

I've had pretty bad luck with Valentine's Day for most of the last few years. I've gotten major assignments due the next day, extra shifts at work, and illness. My favorite incident was a mindless action movie night (Banlieu 13) for singles that got crashed by couples who felt excluded and proceeded to be nauseatingly affectionate.

next time charge an entry fee and waive it for singles

that way if it gets gatecrashed again at least someone's getting rich out of it

I wasn't the host. If I did that I could either have fewer crashers or fewer friends, and either way it's a win!

—Alorael, who has immense respect for Banlieu 13. It's an action movie that does not really try too hard to do anything but awesome free running stunts, the plot's an excuse and knows it, and it doesn't pollute its violence with sex. To be fair, it's not exceptionally violent. There's more parkour than gore.