Favorite mod/active members?

adc.

DISCLAIMER:

This poll ended prematurely and quickly with a very small number of votes, due to my locking the thread. With such a tiny sample, it is not worth drawing any conclusions from the visible results. Apologies again to Nightcrawler. — Slarty

(It says 28 votes, but you could check off as many boxes as you wanted, so it actually *is* a very tiny sample size that's been measured here.)

I don't like popularity contests, but among my favorite posters are Alorael, Dikiyoba, Sylae, Lilith, Nikki and Tyran (write-in).

And take comfort, Tyran; I was also omitted. Instead there seems to be some impostor named Arcanaytar. Never heard of that guy, but he sounds kind of dangerous. I guess his mission is to arcanate John Connor? (Can't understand how "Arcanaytar" is supposed to shorten to "Aran", though. tongue )

Next: Arctanayar, shortened to tan-1.

I definitely chuckled when I saw this poll. Wow. Impudence, I say.

Hmm...Nioca didn't make it onto the poll either. Tut tut.

It's interesting to stop and think about this though and realize that the list of posters whose posts most regularly amuse or interest me has changed in the time I've paid attention to these forums. Huh. Change over time, shocking, I know.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Oh dear. This can only end in heartache.

What Nioca said.

We've had these threads before. They don't make for a happy, friendly community. There are a whole bunch of reasons why this format is especially bad, and can lead to people feeling left out (see above) or unappreciated (when in fact that is not the case) -- or just lonely.

Given the general levels of happiness (low) and loneliness (moderate to high) previous polls have revealed here, it isn't fair to subject the whole community to that. So I'm ending this one. Sorry, Nightcrawler! It was a neat idea, there is just too much potential for unintentional injury.

EDIT: Ugh. It's impossible to remove the poll without deleting the entire topic, so I'm just adding a disclaimer. I'll delete it entirely in a few days, but for the moment I'd rather not people feel the rug has been pulled out from under them without explanation.