A:EftP - Gremlins gold driving me nuts

Just cant seem to find the right portal/ladder/portal to get to the trap door in the central area with the pink barrier. Notice theres one dark area in the lower area i cant get to either. Been to the basins etc. could someone lead the way from the basins in the lower area? Pretty please!!

On the main level take the first portal to the east of the center where you see the treasure. Take the east portal of the next pair. Go downstairs through the trapdoor. Go north and then west at the north basins and go upstairs using the ladder. Go around past the portals until you find another trapdoor down. Fight your way east and south until you find a ladder up. Congratulations you are almost there.

The lower area basins in the south are the way to the stolen message that someone else wants.

The original Exile version disabled the automap so you had to map it all on paper to avoid getting lost.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. I guess it's too late to leave any sanity at the door.

• 8 months later...

There is a dark spot between G and J, that the map says is a trapdoor up. I have done the entire down and up stairs, except for that one spot. I think I did choose one ladder where there was a choice of two. Trouble is, I can't seem to get back to the area where the ladder would be for that trapdoor. I am running around, trying all the portals I can get to. Going nuts. Any one give a hand?

Nevermind. I finally got there. lol

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for the great instructions for getting to the gold! I have finally done that, but still can't find Alexi's message. Randomizer makes reference above to the lower basins being the way to get the message. I can find the southernmost basins. . . are those the ones you're talking about? Maybe I found the message already and it doesn't show up in my special items list?

The first stairs down to Alexi's message is in the southwest corner and the lower level path goes passed some basins. When you go upstairs ignore the portals and look for a magical barrier.

The Exile 1 version disabled the automap so you had to drawn it by hand to figure out where you teleported to each time.