A-EftP - Need advice on several issues.

Hey,

I could use some advice on the following issues:

Weapon:

My Soldier is currently on level 37. I would like him to do more damage while at the same time having a lower fatigue percentage as I heavy rely on Adrenaline Rush (8 turns to recover). He has a choice of three weapons to use (he wields two weapons).

The 1st choice is:

Spectral Falshion

+8 Blademaster (Problem with this is that I don't notice much difference in the fatigue rate and including the +8 I get from this sword he has 15 points on the blademaster skill)

+4 hostile effect resistance

66-264 Melee damage.

2nd choice:

Seeking Rapier:

+5% to critical damage and +5% to parry (comes in very handy)

72-288 to Melee damage

3rd and final choice:

Nephil Warblade

+1 to strength and +1 to dexterity

+10% faster fatigue rate (taking into consideration the +10% here and the +8 on the first choice sword, I still don't recover from fatigue that quick, the comparisons I make is with another party member, a berserker who recovers as quickly as the soldier when he only has one item that offers +10% fatigue)

70-280 Melee damage.

Second thing I need advice on is in regards to strategy for the Onyx Scepter quest. There is no indication as to when he might use that lethal skill of his that pretty much kills or severally damages my party (if there are such indications, please let me know). And when he doesn't use it till halfway through the battle, I usually struggle with the spell terrorise which lasts for up to 5 turns!

Whenever I use Purging Crystal, it rarely works (even when it comes to Stun or Daze) and so I don't really see the point in that item. So I would like to know whether there are any strategies I could use to kill him, I tried luring him out but that didn't work along with using Invulnerability potion (whenever I use it he doesn't do that lethal skill of his and I'd have to use several of those potions during the same battle).

Third,

The Silver Circlet quest at the Spire, I assume, this quest means that I have to fight at the pit killing a party of 4 that seem to be near impossible to kill. During this fight, for 6 rounds, I focused my party to kill one, having used Invulnerability potions and I barely got the mage's health to half before they killed my entire party. I would like to know just how long will their Shield and War Chant last?

Lastly,

I would like to know where I could find keys to access the Crypt of Drath and the door at the Lost Bahssikava.

I do apologise for the long post but any advice and/or guidance in relation to any of those issues will be highly appreciated.

For the Onyx Scepter quest, watch the crystals standing around the room. And, if I'm not mistaken Purging crystals do not work against mental effects. You need to be sure you have a priest with Unshackle Mind and keep that character outside the room if possible.

For the key to the Crypt of Drath, there's

Click to reveal..
a record inside one of the sarcophagi that points you down the path to finding it

And you need

Click to reveal..
the six silver triangles
for Lost Bahssikava (unless you mean the gate after that, which
Click to reveal..
you cannot open so stop worrying about it
).

I don't think the blademaster skill reduces fatigue at all - I know that the skill description says that it does, but I think that it is not correct. I have not noticed any reduction in fatigue from baldemaster, and I've seen others on the boards make the same comment.

However, the spectral falchion is still a very nice weapon, because the +8 to blademaster increases your melee damage by 24%. I would definitely recommend using it as one of your swords.

I think Slarty conclusively tested blademaster and found that it didn't reduce fatigue, however the +8 blademaster of the Spectral Falchion will give you a damage multiplier that makes it a better weapon for damage.

Items that show reduced fatigue each have that percentage chance of working that round to remove one fatigue. So most of the time they don't help but when they do you can get one or more extra fatigue removed.

"+10% Fatigue Removal" means you get a 10% chance each round of removing an extra point of fatigue. This reduces the average wait time between Adrenaline Rushes from 8 rounds, to a bit over 7 rounds. Not amazing.

The Spectral Falchion gives you +24% damage from all that Blademaster. It is the second-best weapon in the game. The only better weapon is the Flaming Sword.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
The Crypt of Drath mentions seeing Motrax.

Click to reveal..
One of the dialog options with Motrax is meetings with humans and after you get one where they try to bribe him you will be able to find the Stone Key in a battlefield to the east.

Yes, but you can't go to see Motrax and get the right dialog until
Click to reveal..
you open the correct sarcophagus, or sarcophagi as I think there are a couple in that room that give the same message.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
You can get the right dialog the first time you see Motrax without even getting anywhere near the sarcophagus. The message there is to help those that missed it.

Are you quite certain? It seems to me that the line that leads to the information about the key doesn't come up until you've been to Drath's and found out you need a key and which way it went.

I went through the dialogue ages ago but I couldn't figure out where the key is. Initially, I thought it would be somewhere in the Lair of Motrax. But having went through the dialogue again, it mentions something about having to go Southeast where Sliths are. So now I'm going through the caves and such of Sliths Southeast of Motrax.

Thing is, I try and use as little pots as possible, so whenever there is a tough quest, I do what I can then level up and do the rest later on and I must have forgot a couple of things. I'll try and find it now, I'll let you guys know if I don't find it for further assistance. Anyway, thanks for the responses.

Actually, just found it. Finally! On the bright side, I did complete a couple of the Demonslayer quests. I always thought I needed to find the different parts of the DS before completing the quests. Funny how easy everything was when all my party members are above the level 35.

Guys, thanks a lot for everything!

I need some advice on my dualwielder tank. I have yet to put a point into dual wielding skill as it seems inferior to blademaster and the traits you get. I already got 12 hardiness and 12 melee weapons but no blademaster. I want to put some points into blademaster. Should i forget about dualwielding skill as i already have both the traits for it and put my points into blademaster?