Doors can't be closed?

So i like to pick up every scrap of junk and sell it, even items with only 20 value, im ocd so if i leave something i can get sitting around it kinda irks me. But iv'e been having difficulties robbing people of their pants and paltry change because once a door is opened it can't be shut behind you. So all my acts of indefinite borrowing are seen which results in the town spazzing out. I was wondering if doors can be closed with some kinda hotkey or if my characters seriously have so much brain damage they can't shut a door once they've opened it.

It's a quirk of the game engine to deal with issues on tablets. Doors, once opened, cannot be closed (though they will mostly close themselves when you leave a town or dungeon and come back). Many things can still be acquired if you're careful about where your characters are and where the wandering folk of the town are.

I disagree honestly, door closing was abused so much in the other spiderweb games. For example Geneforge 4 where you go into a town and into a spacious building with noone in it. Summon all your scorpion things and send them out then close the door, then rinse and repeat until the town is dead.

It also made stealing insanely easy. Beyond those two key things the door closing was just one of those features that was cool there.

I recall reading it was removed because the iPad version of the game was having a hard time with opening and closing them on accident. Since changes can be made to the various versions isn't it possible to do a patch for the Windows and Mac versions to add it back in?

Geneforge made stealing even more insane because you could make low level creations, send them out, and then sit in a closed room. All items on the ground near a creation could then be stolen because you were safely out of line of sight in a closed room and the game didn't check for your creations.

In older Avernum games players could move some containers full of loot into a room or at least out of sight and then loot them without incurring the owner's wrath.

It's not so much "enabling stealing" as it is "completely breaking some combats". Slam a door in the face of some enemies in an early SpidWeb game, and they'll happily sit on their hands until you return.

(Note to BoA designers: if the endgame boss uses temporary powerups like invulnerability potions, make sure there isn't a door nearby.)

Originally Posted By: Bane of Rebels
Jeff probably didn't want people reaping so many goods from innocent civilians without a consequence.

there is consequences if steals too much, that way player can't get too good weapons at beginning (it wasn't until I cleared Nephs fortresses that all my characters got good longbow and my fighters are still wearing bronze helmets due haven't got better helmets).