A:EftP - Two questions: Ending and a missing ring

So I'm having difficulty finding Chevyn's ring ... another post mentioned it was in a barrel behind a gate. I'm sure I missed the barrel, but is it at least in the Castle somewhere?

Also, when it says there are three possible "main" quests, which one ends the game? I'd hate to do the Grah-Hoth quest, only to find I couldn't go back and ice Hawthorne.

Thanks!

MissSea laugh

The difficulty with Chevyn's ring is that it isn't a special item: it's just a regular Platinum Ring of which there are many in the game. Any will suffice. There is one in the Castle, but you may already have sold it.

The game does not end. No, really, it doesn't! There are 3 quests that are considered "game-winning" and if you complete all 3, you will get a special extra message. But the game will continue on even at that point.

To avoid spoilers: One quest begins by dealing with the Sliths; one begins by finding Erika; and one begins by finding a hidden group in the Abyss. They are all fairly long and involved.

For the Chevyn's ring mission, any platinum ring will do. The particular platinum ring in the Castle is in a barrel. Go to the door that leads to the the stairs to the cells, go through the door, take the door to the right, and the barrel will be to the northwest.

You can continue the game after finishing any of the main quests, but you also have the option of ending the game by escaping to the outside world after finding the exit.

• 4 months later...