When Nerds Go to Far

Death Knight

I remember that i was watching a video on youtube of a comic and video game signing where actor-David Warner (Actor of Morpheus in Fallout 1 and Irenicus in BG2) was signing stuff for people.

Needless to say, something really funny happened. Warner asked one fan what's up and the guy kept repeating lines from baldurs gate 2 (irenicus), at one point Warner asked him what the meaning of it was. The guy replied-"Silence dog, you have no purpose but to die by my hand", or something like that. It was a kind of funny video but after i thought about it, it was kind of sad. I kind of felt bad for warner being type cast for just those things.

Especially since most of his work wasn't video games. I have no idea how much time goes into recording lines for games, but I imagine that years later most of those lines are long gone.

—Alorael, who on the other hand doesn't think that's nearly the most awkward thing that nerds can do to someone they're fan-mobbing. He'd bet that most actors are used to it and can take it with reasonable grace even when they're completely confused. Ad-libbing is a skill!

To a devoted fan, a round of good acting is something to write home about.

To an experienced actor/tress who may do far more than mere voices, it's just a paycheck he/she doesn't have to wear a costume and/or makeup for.

Then again, that might not necessarily be nothing to write home about either. I can only imagine how Tim Curry must have felt going into voice acting after roles like It and Darkness.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
Originally Posted By: Hairhunter
Where is Far and why are all the nerds going there.

Far is a place were nerds go to split hairs over using the wrong homonym .

So, basically, what you're saying is that it's our spiritual home and we all need to go on a pilgrimage?

Originally Posted By: Structualise THIS!
Originally Posted By: Actaeon
Originally Posted By: Hairhunter
Where is Far and why are all the nerds going there.

Far is a place were nerds go to split hairs over using the wrong homonym .

So, basically, what you're saying is that it's our spiritual home and we all need to go on a pilgrimage?
Far is a place where pilgrams grow peas and live in hominy.

Click to reveal.. (Bad Rabbit!)
(I know this is corny, but I got it straight from a kernel. Kl. Mustard, to be exact, who sends his condiments to the chef. I have to go now to ketchup on my work.) Therefore, I must exit this punned.it.tree.

From my fairly limited con-going experience, I'd say that the experience is fun but not worth long distance travel and uncomfortable accommodations.

—Alorael, who is happy to do it as a day trip, depending on the con. He's also happier to be able to throw up his hands and leave if the crushing masses of humanity are worse than the value of whatever the convention is about.