Creations- Ubering a few or power in numbers?[G5]

I've been wondering lately, as a shaping enthusiast, whether which is better? Having a few creations and pumping their stats up or simply having a higher number of creations and never bothering at all with using essence to improve them other than the standard 2 int.

Sometimes it seems the the differences are that high for being essence efficient. I am curious to gather the forums diverse "opinions" and thoughts on this matter.

Personally, I am in favour of the "hit and run" style (ie/ make a few charged/unstable creations, waste most of the zone, then flee, recharge, and try again). This strategy allows you to tailor you creations, for instance if you are fighting someone magial who uses rain/shower spells, you pawn them with a super charged firebolt, but if you are fighting an "endless host" - eg/ a spawner - then you want the numbers that allow you to kill 3-4 enemies a turn, and can shape accordingly.

However, if you prefer the rather mor sensible strategy of leveling up a few choice creations, the I would say it depends on your character.If you are a lifecrafter/shaper or a sorceress who has access to lots of group buffs/aura's, then logically, the more creations you have, the greater the effect - better 3 fyora's all with +5 strenth buffs and a shield each, than one cryora with the same.

The difference in experience gain between playing solo and with a full pack of creations in quite small, amounting to just a couple of levels over the course of the game. You won't really notice the difference.

Spending essence on creation stats is overpriced. You might do it if you have a full roster and essence to burn, but you're almost always better off with more creations or higher-tier creations.

—Alorael, who plays through most of the game with all his slots filled. Often that means a few of the most powerful creatures he can conjure up and some lower-tier filler. It might be worth leaving room for some unstable creations, but you don't need to.

From the stats I can find (for G2, on GameFAQs), it looks like cryodrayks aren't actually stronger than drayks except for being higher level. I'm not sure if that's still true in later games.

—Alorael, who would check the resistances of the enemies you're fighting. If you're up against anyone with high ice resistance the drayks will do better.

True, but from what I've seen most enemies that resist fire are rather weak anyways except gazers or magic creations which seem to resist both fire and cold dmg rather equally.

Still, I'll try to do a run thru of g5 as a Guardian with fire types only since they seem to be rather well diverse.

Any suggestion to what I should limit pts in?(ex. Int, end,melee skills)

The cryodrayk is basically an artifact of the older games. In G1 it had a high multiplier and by far the best attack type with a chance of an ice stun; this was true in G2 as well, but eventually drayks received better fire attacks, and more creatures with ice resistance were introduced. There is a set of enemies they really shine against, but there are also a few sets they are useless against, and those are some of the most annoying enemy types, such as shades and pylons.

It's slightly annoying to have to open chests later, and some doors won't open for creations.

—Alorael, who usually just hung back a little bit. It's also not a bad idea to keep enough essence in reserve to make yourself help if you need to fight your way back out, especially in areas that spew constant enemies at you.

I always play a shaper (except for the guardian a few times) And I buff him up in fighting first. So not only can I shape and fire spells, but I can be with my creations killing the hell out of rouges! Whenever I cant pass an area with badies behind it, say like its cut off with mines. I usually get a couple of seriously buffed up battle alphas or glahhks and have them kill. This way I get much more experience.

Corrupted thahds have their uses. They're the strongest creations that you can get in the Whitespires by a substantial margin. If you want to take on the wingbolts in Rawal's chambers for the Shaper Robe early on (which is quite helpful if you want to kill an unbound before leaving the Mera-Tev...I may have played this game a few too many times), they're pretty much your only option.

I also prefer them to late game unstable creations like burning kyshakks and firebolts because they don't consume huge amounts of essence.

Create Rotghroth - West Passes (canister) to get third level

Trainers:

Town Stormhold - Shaper Marzan - Advanced Shaping (slightly expensive) after completing Alwan's Secret Laboratory quest - Create Rotghroth,

Abandoned Farms -Sage Olipha - reputation question - attacks with summoned creations if pro-Shaper will teach techniques if you pick pro-Rebel response - (exhorbitant) - Create rotghroth

Town Gazaki-Uss - Saakash (drakon) if member of Ghaldring's faction - Shaping (slightly expensive) - create rotghroth

Town Zephyr Oasis - Guardian Kulish - trainer for pro-Shaper factions -Shaping (exhorbitant) - create rotghroth

Dera South Shore - Ellek'Sss (drakon) - will sell training to rebel align for Astoria or Ghaldring, but Trakovite need leadership 8 - Shaping (utterly ridiculous) - create rotghroth