Missing Spiderweb Posts.

Arch-Mage Solberg

I'm trying to make a list of my posts here on the Spiderweb Forums. I know that it sounds stupid but it's something that I'm doing. I'm missing a lot from 2004 and earlier and a fair few from 2008 through early 2010. I mainly started keeping the list on August 24, 2010 with my 417th post. I just grew from there. I've already checked the pied-piper site and found around 70 posts.

My main question is, Is there another site that may have the posts I'm looking for?

Post #615 cool

Already got those Lilith. Thanks anyways.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
this will have all the ones that haven't been deleted from these forums. i doubt there are any other archives besides PPP

That stinks if that's true. Wasn't there a purge in 2009?

Post #616 cool

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
the DL Witch Hunt #2 Redux thread

I actually had that backed up for a long while (I forget why I saved it, and since I didn't know if there was a reason, I never got around to deleting it), but it went to the great void with the rest of my data when my computer died.

I didn't. I might have a truly ancient backup from late in 2005 (the one we reloaded when Polaris sank early in 2007), but nothing more. I ran a weekly database backup for quite some time later on, but those were all stored on my web host account and I completely lost that folder. That was a sad day. All is fleeting.

Edit: I just realized the potential for a nice allusion. :)

Gallifrey_time_war.jpg

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
You could always try archive.org, I suppose.

No dice. Nothing there for me. Thanks for the help though.

Originally Posted By: Trenton the dragon lord
You could always try going through your browser's long term history or something...

Won't work...I've only had this computer for a few months. The stuff I'm looking for is years old.

Originally Posted By: Trenton the dragon lord
Or you could screen shot every single post you do and save it on paint or Microsoft word or something complicated.

I do not have the patience for that. Thanks anyways.

Originally Posted By: Polaran
The missing posts were created between May 2008 and October 2009, so no browser cache in the world would still have them.

So even if I had my old computer and did what Tdl said, it still wouldn't have worked!

I guess I'll just have to make due with what posts I've got. Thank you all for your help.

Post #618 cool