Creations that heal[G5]

Is there a healing ability though? The only creations I can remember who have any healing are shepherd vlish and those healing serviles (forget their name) and neither exists as a distinct creation type in the gf5itemschars, from which I make the dubious deductive leap that healing is only a scripted "attack", as it were.

@CrystalBolt: You can shape turrets, if you reorganize the creation numbers in gf5itemschars, and give up a creatable creation for turrents. E.g. swap turrets for a thahd (swap the lines "begindefinecreature 120" and "begindefinecreature 20", and where it occurs, replace "import = 120" with "import = 20"). I have tried this and - superficially - it works, your Create Thahd ability goes to create turrets instead. However I didn't play far after this hack, so there may probably be side effects of this down the line...

Hmm, yes, I replaced battle alphas with turrets, and it looked kind of weird to see turrets guarding Perikalia instead of Betas...

But when I did this, I noticed that the scripts say something about "friendly" and "hostile" creations. So maybe if I pasted the original battle alpha details into the friendly and hostile slots, it would work normally... I'll have to try it.

Can you be more specific? HOW doesn't it work? What DOES happen? Can you choose a ranged attack with your vlish, and if you can, what happens when you use it?

This is definitely doable but it might require making a missile ability that heals, rather than a regular healing ability.

Challenge time.

Winner gets a cool game from me.

Replace a group of ornks,serviles,and of another unit with a mix of Drakons,Eyebeasts, and drayks,give them funny names, and post a picture of it here (use the tab key to bring up names and stuff,lol)

Like i said, winner gets a cool game.

• 2 weeks later...

The healing vlish are scripted. Totally different.

Numbers relating to animations do show up in the ability definitions file. However, changing those successfully without making the game crash would be quite an undertaking. It's probably doable, but there is no tutorial, and it would be very involved.

Oh, well, I suppose I'll have to ditch this project. Too bad.

@Pyrrhus: I'm the kind of person who likes to take a Shaper/Lifecrafter, stand at one end of a zone, make a bunch of unstable creations, and mow through the zone with them till they die, then recharge and repeat. So I was just thinking that it would be nice to have a creation to heal for me so my delicate little lifecrafter doesn't have to risk his easily-breakable neck to go out and heal the raiding party.

Good idea-Hide behind terrain. Luckily, you can barely go five turns in each derection without there being something good to hide behind. Say like forest or wall or sandstone. Open your skill page, go to the bottom, click where it says Party: Up Down and click on down untill you are on the bottom, not the creations. then walk along with them, and hide behind a wall when enemies get close. You are close enough to heal them probably.

Either that or find Group Heal.

Challenge time.

Winner gets a cool game from me.

Replace a group of ornks,serviles,and of another unit with a mix of Drakons,Eyebeasts, and drayks,give them funny names, and post a picture of it here (use the tab key to bring up names and stuff,lol)

Like i said, winner gets a cool game.