Mozzila firefox, how to copy pictures for avatar?

Trenton.

Right click on an image, choose something along the lines of "copy image location" or "copy image address" or "copy URL" and paste that in as your avatar.

—Alorael, whose instructions are for taking an image you find online and using it as an avatar. Be warned that many sites frown on linking to their images, and some images aren't quite right. You can also right click, save a copy of an image, and upload it somewhere (like ImageShack). Image hosting sites are generally self-explanatory, and you take the link they give you and use that as your avatar.

I'd recommend saving it and reuploading, as Alorael suggests. Tinypic is my preffered method, next to my own website of course. Just simply right-click the image, choose "Save Image as...", save it somewhere, then go to tinypic and upload the image you just used. It'll spew out a bunch of crap, you'll want to copy the "Direct Link" and paste that into the appropriate area of your SW profile.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Trenton the dragon lord
I asked this in a different thread, only for internet explorer. How do I copy a picture and use it as an avatar?

First, you download Google Chrome. Then, you do everything W told you to do above, but way faster and with a cleaner UI and a leaner program.

do you really want to start this.

Originally Posted By: That Silly Y Chromosome
Originally Posted By: Trenton the dragon lord
I asked this in a different thread, only for internet explorer. How do I copy a picture and use it as an avatar?

First, you download Google Chrome. Then, you do everything W told you to do above, but way faster and with a cleaner UI and a leaner program.

do you really want to start this.

I'll second that motion.

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
That's nothing: I'm writing this with Telnet right now.

I normally have my pet butterfly analyze the bitstream and signal it to me by flapping his wings in Morse code. Today's his day off, so I'm using Firefox (Nightly, though). smile

Back on topic, most pictures need to be cropped and/or scaled before being used as avatars. There are lots of programs for simple image manipulation, but on Windows, the only one you don't need to install is probably Paint. Who knows, maybe it's finally stopped being so awful.

The process is virtually identical regardless of browser. Either copy image URL or copy the image, host it somewhere, and them copy the hosted image's URL.

—Alorael, who would go back and reread the first two replies you got. That's how you use an image as your avatar.

They're moving to a rapid release style of updates. Or rather, they're continuing doing what they've always been doing, but are now incrementing the major version number. Which is rather silly, since the major version number is supposed to tell users what versions break compatibility, but I suppose it's a marketing strategy.

Originally Posted By: Micawber
I still don't understand how firefox went from version 4 to version 7 in such a short time. It's like they're trying to catch up numerically with IE or something.

Well, obviously the higher the version number, the better the software. So Internet Explorer 1.0 might have been a terrible program, but Internet Explorer TREE[3] is clearly the greatest computer program ever written.

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
They're moving to a rapid release style of updates. Or rather, they're continuing doing what they've always been doing, but are now incrementing the major version number. Which is rather silly, since the major version number is supposed to tell users what versions break compatibility, but I suppose it's a marketing strategy.
"Now releasing FireFox Google!"

I don't understand Firefox's release scheme either, but it doesn't matter since I'm still using a PPC PowerBook. Lack of intel leaves me with the latest stable version of Firefox 3, which is still receiving support. Firefox 3 and 7 get support, but nothing in between. Strange...

Originally Posted By: Master1
I don't understand Firefox's release scheme either, but it doesn't matter since I'm still using a PPC PowerBook. Lack of intel leaves me with the latest stable version of Firefox 3, which is still receiving support. Firefox 3 and 7 get support, but nothing in between. Strange...
In the army when we had a lack of intel, we sent out reconnaissance patrols.

Actually, I should have stuck with Firefox 3. It was much more stable than my Firefox 4. Dare I upgrade to 7? BTW, only Ver3 and 7 get support??? That is strange...

Originally Posted By: Master1
They probably leave support for v3 just for that reason...ff4 introduced a whole crapton of new stuff, both visually and under the hood (such as a big upgrade to the Gecko display engine)...I imagine it's also the last version that works on older Windows OSes as well...

With regards to the rapid release cycle, I don't like it either, but since I'm on the nightly build I update pretty much whenever i close firefox, so yeah...I imagine it's a real pain for the techie people for corporations that use FF...

Apple tries recon, and what they got was a bunch of big cats.

Also, Firefox Google is just silly. The number is googol.

—Alorael, who doesn't think anything is more complicated. Now instead of clicking properties, you right click and most of what you want is there. Of course, if it's on your desktop you still click Properties.

It also helps if you think of the rapid release cycle as regular minor updates with different numbers. From 4 to 7 has been a series of minor changes, just bigger numbers. I may not understand the rational, but it's not unusual for a string of updates to come out after a big rehashing like FF4. For whatever reason, Mozilla just decided to use bigger numbers.

Originally Posted By: Flame Blade
So Internet Explorer 1.0 might have been a terrible program, but Internet Explorer TREE[3] is clearly the greatest computer program ever written.
But it'll be nothing when Mozilla Firefox n(4)^GRAHAMS NUMBER comes out.

Google Chrome A(GRAHAMS NUMBER, GRAHAMS NUMBER)beta