Great Portal in Avernum 6

Txgangsta

Ok, so the stupid thing broke and all the imps came out and I have to kill them. Sad part, my characters are levels 9, 10, and 11, respectively. They get two hits per round, and can therefore kill any of my characters in one round by themselves. I cannot spam ouchouchouch fast enough to survive. I cannot daze. How do I beat these guys?

You could use some items to allow you to it twice a round. Also summon some expendable creatures to die instead of you.

You do have to stay in the fight a certain number of rounds before escaping, since they just keep coming.

If you have a save from before this area, you might want to use it and come back as higher levels since it just gets worse from here on to the end.

All my saves are me in the area after the thing exploded. I don't even think that I could heal the Nickoli (sp?) fast enough to last past a few turns. I highly doubt he can die and the game just continue on and he show up again when necessary later.

Also, where else am I supposed to go? I didn't go visit my messenger friend in the abandoned tannery. I have a host of left over quests, but in most of those quests, the little basic baddies can to 50+ damage in one shot, and there's generally not just one of them. I guess after this I can try and do all those again...