bug reports?

Snalin

Is there any way to post bug reports other than... here? I guess I could mail Jeff, but that seems kinda direct.

What I want to report (windows) is the bug with enemies that die from poison or corruption - they get a move just before they die. This just caused a pit ogre seer (think that's what they're named - the ogre mages in Sevilin's quest) to throw something that looked like Spirit Claw as it died. No damage was done to my guys, and a text appeared at the bottom - it dissapeared before I could write it down, but it was along the lines of "unit_target thrown too soon" or something - clearly a testing fail printout from the engine.

I think I've also seen monsters punch me and do damage before they died, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I experience the same behavior (minus the error message). I assume that the monster moves slower than my characters and attack to end the round and then dies of poison/acid/corruption at the beginning of the next round.

And yes, here or e-mailing Jeff are the places to report bugs.

Dikiyoba is also on Windows.

Is this related to the spacebar bug?

If you hold down spacebar (or whatever you use for "pass") enemies will take turns continuously... and none of those turns will have any effect whatsoever!

This can be exploited in much the same way as the old Ironize spell in Dragon Warrior 3, except there's no MP cost.

Irritating bug in the Windows version: in some circumstances, the game will respond to all attempts to use items or abilities with "Finish what you're doing first", but won't actually let you finish what you're doing. This is a particular nuisance in combat, because the game can only be appeased by using a regular attack or ending your turn with the space bar, at which point it'll let you do what you want again.

The most reliable way to make this happen is to try to cast a spell on a party member who's out of range and unreachable (for example, due to the caster being stopped by an enemy): the game will complain that you can't reach your target, but pressing Escape to cancel the spell or attempting to select another target will have no effect. I've also seen the bug occasionally trigger outside of combat when trying to cast spells while walking: in this case, entering combat mode usually pacifies the game and lets me enter commands again.

The Widow of Bones? Did you see this when she died?

Quote:
The giant cave widow collapses, hissing and bubbling, in a pool of her own ichor and goo. The horror has been destroyed.

And yet ... It is odd. This is, obviously, no ordinary spider. It seems to have been warped by magic. Perhaps stray magic from the tower to the north. Or, perhaps someone created it? It might bear further investigation.

If not, maybe you had the wrong spider. There are lots of them around.

And , sorry, but you are reporting to Runner Kellen in Dhorl Stead, right? Not Runner Faiga across the river?

If so, and if you don't see this dialogue option when you talk to him,

Quote:
The Widow of Bones is dead.

then something is wrong with the Stuff Done Flags. Looking at the scripts, it doesn't seem that there should be a problem, but I can give you the SDFs if necessary.