The Greatest Shapers

I have no interest in ascertaining the most powerful or most influential of the Shapers, nor the most wise or moral of the sects. I do not wish to find out the best build for PCs, or whether Agents, Guardians, or Shapers are to be preferred.

Quite simply, I want to know who, in each of the games, best embodies the Shaper principles and philosophies, as you interpret them. The fact is that nearly all of the characters in the games, especially in the later editions, bend the rules to some extent. Even the great Alwan is guilty of some illicit affairs with Control Core B, for instance, so I am curious as to whom, if anybody, can be said to be the archetypal Shaper, so to speak.

Originally Posted By: Mod.
Off of the top of my head, the loyalist encampment in G2 seems to be the type.

This was one of my first thoughts, too, but I seem to think that if they really were so loyal they would have notified the Council about the situation. Generally, they would have been more proactive; maybe that's just me, though.

Rahul and Anjeli (sp?) seem like pretty straightforward loyalist shapers (the Shaper leaders in G3), as do some (but not all) of their subordinates. Other shapers that stand out for trying to do the loyalist thing are Diwaniya (though not very competently) and Erika (kill the Creator). Rahul's agents (I think there are two) on Gull Island are also loyal (unlike the regulars on Gull Island who dabble in canisters).

In G2, I think I'd have say Shanti trumps even the Loyalist Encampment gang for her loyalty.

Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
shanti was fully loyal. i think, though it would probobly help if i had the full version and not the demo

Not really; you find out that she is kidnapped in the demo, and then that she was killed in the registered version. Tragically.

Shanti and Rahul definitely get my vote for the pre-war and early phases of the war. However, once the war gets rolling in full force, it becomes a lot more sketchy. Still, though, from that period, I think General Crowley, and probably Moseh and the other Barrier Zone Shapers, deserve at least honorable mentions for most loyal Shapers doing the war.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Rahul and Anjeli (sp?) seem like pretty straightforward loyalist shapers (the Shaper leaders in G3), as do some (but not all) of their subordinates. Other shapers that stand out for trying to do the loyalist thing are Diwaniya (though not very competently) and Erika (kill the Creator). Rahul's agents (I think there are two) on Gull Island are also loyal (unlike the regulars on Gull Island who dabble in canisters).

In G2, I think I'd have say Shanti trumps even the Loyalist Encampment gang for her loyalty.

Those three that you named stand out as true loyalists.

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
shanti was fully loyal. i think, though it would probobly help if i had the full version and not the demo

Not really; you find out that she is kidnapped in the demo, and then that she was killed in the registered version. Tragically.

say what? you couldent have used a spoiler? all well. but she was a very true shaper up to where she got killed

Finding Shanti is one of my all-time most memorable SW moments. Jeff really nailed the writing in that subplot.

Originally Posted By: Nikki.

Finding Shanti is one of my all-time most memorable SW moments. Jeff really nailed the writing in that subplot.

mine was at the screen seeing the question mark realizing that you have to pay tongue i hate that, the only game thats free is Blades Of Exile

Originally Posted By: Nikki.

Subplot? No such thing as a subplot when each and every thread in the skein is of equal significance.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say the most powerful shapers would be the Unbound with their full potential.

Otherwise, I'd say Lifecrafters, as they are usually stronger then just Shapers, in G3 it is shown that the Rebels have a better system in place for experimentation with shaping. Like the device that plunged into the scale to show all the 'scrolls' which are Genes, that they directly attempt to change to shape more effectively.

Originally Posted By: Denizen of Terrestia
I'd have to say the most powerful shapers...

That's not the point in this thread; Goldenking asked who is the "greatest" Shaper in the sense of who best embodied Shaper ideology. Who is the paragon of Shaper beliefs and ideals? Power isn't necessarily an issue.

Yes. It was who was the most ever loyal shapers in the geneforge world. I would have to say Alawan. He wound up having to
Click to reveal..
be standing up forever in a huge machine, esscence running through him untill he dies. man having to stand up forever
for the shapers!

It's ironic really, a guardian standing up for the Shapers.