Master, 3rd Degree

Bard

Lieutenant

Captain

Major

Warlord

Colonel

Brigadier General

Major General (OK it's getting too realist now)

etc.

How's that? (up 'til the Colonel)

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
Huh. Seems like it hasn't been that long since they changed last.

(8/10s of this post was to see what new title I have. "Heart of Avadon" sounds sort of sucky. :p)

Well, you just need...1027 more posts to get promoted, and then you won't have to worry about being a "Heart of Avadon," any more. Hop to it! smile

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Huh. Seems like it hasn't been that long since they changed last.

(8/10s of this post was to see what new title I have. "Heart of Avadon" sounds sort of sucky. :p)

Well, you just need...1027 more posts to get promoted, and then you won't have to worry about being a "Heart of Avadon," any more. Hop to it! smile

It's taken nearly eight years to get this far, so I doubt it'll be happening any time soon. tongue

There used to be few to no global mods. Every individual forum was the bailiwick of two or three mods, who were only mods on it. Mods all held the title 'Blademaster', but only when posting in the forum they modded. So the same person would sometimes have a different title, depending on where you saw them.

At some point this system was scrapped, and all mods who were then active became global. A few mods had stopped showing up here much anyway, so they were left as regular mods for their individual boards.

I believe the old UBB system didn't support global mods. There were admins and local mods. What's more, there could only be four mods per forum section. With the switch, all mods became global for convenience; it's not as though we all need our own turf to police, and it's better to have more eyes on the really busy places like General and, currently, Avadon.

—Alorael, who has played with giving himself a custom title. He can make it happen, but it turns him green. Sometimes it turns other people green too. It's a problem.

Originally Posted By: Karoka
I don't understand it either, and I didn't even know some of these ranks existed.

Wait...what's this for? I don't understand how Bard and Colonel can be put in the same place.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. smile

Fixed it. Adopted or no, it was still fun hammering this out.
(time weighs heavily on my hands)

A new draft of the unusual ranking system
Click to reveal.. ( OH YEAH)

Outsider (0)
Initiate (25)
Trainee (50)
Dowser (100)
Acolyte (150)
Journeyman (200)
Adept (250)
Mystic (300)
Master (400)
Shaman (500)
Conjurer (750)
Magician (1,000)
Wizard (2,000)
Sorceress (3,000)
Sage (4,000)
Astrologer (5,000)
Alchemist (6,000)
Lore-master (7,000)
Prophet (8,000)
Mage-lord (10,000)
Oracle (15,000)
Archmage (20,000)
Deity (25,000)
Dungeon Master (30,000)

How's that? At least consider the upper ranks.

Originally Posted By: Something doughy that way goes
I believe the old UBB system didn't support global mods. There were admins and local mods. What's more, there could only be four mods per forum section. With the switch, all mods became global for convenience; it's not as though we all need our own turf to police, and it's better to have more eyes on the really busy places like General and, currently, Avadon.

—Alorael, who has played with giving himself a custom title. He can make it happen, but it turns him green. Sometimes it turns other people green too. It's a problem.

Can I have a custom title? I wanna be a Bard.

Oh, also, to that one guy who asked how to get a title: asking for a title ensures you never get one. tongue

—Alorael, who has to point out that Spiderweb titles have for a long time been named after things from the most recent series. Expect Avadon for a while.