help!

Trenton.

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
Originally Posted By: Mod.
Mozilla Firefox is much better than IE, you should use it.

I prefer AOL since it comes with email and messenger, and I can get it free with my large collection of free trial discs.

I browse the interwebs using Netscape Navigator on my Windows 95 computer. Works fine!

Originally Posted By: Master1
Not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but wasn't there a ban on animated avatars?

Yeah, but I don't think it got added to the FAQ, so he wouldn't know unless he was here when they were banned, which was like a year ago.

EDIT: The ban is not mentioned in either the FAQ or the code of conduct, and is only mentioned in the one now-locked thread on about page eighty bazillion in General. Mods might want to look into this.

Yes, the ban on animated avatars is official and yes, it is still in place.

Here is *i's original announcement about it. The ban didn't make it into the CoC previously because listing every little possible thing you can or cannot do would make it too long and because it hasn't really been an issue. (Dikiyoba only remembers one or two other incidents in the eleven months the ban has been in place, which makes the animated avatar ban about a billion times less annoying than the image tag ban.)