Grammer on the fourumz?

Arch-Mage Solberg

I have a terrible tendency to fail to hold the shift long enough to actually capitalize the letter i when writing first person nominative pronouns. By now I know to check over my typing for it, but that problem still gets by me with some frequency, much to my chagrin. Other then that, passable sentence structure tends to just happen naturally for a native english speaker, and having a web-browser with a built in spellchecker tends to keep spelling errors pretty well under control.

Originally Posted By: Arch-Mage Solberg
I misspelled the title for emphasis. I was just wondering, how good are some of y'all at keeping to good grammar on the forums?

Post #483 cool

Chrome for the win, mainly due to the spellchecker (just a s a refernce, I'm publishing this post as I actually typed it See if you can find the errors!). I'm really horrible at spelling because of my bad habit of typing too fast and not proofreading. THat's why my spelling takes a noticable dip on chats and such, because I lack the checker.

My grammer is pretty good, though.

I think in text. It's more effort to write things incorrectly than to write in proper English. I suppose if I think I know the proper grammar and spelling and I'm wrong I'm likely to be spewing out bad prose, but I think that's not the case.

—Alorael, who produces most of his errors either by typing too fast and skipping words or by editing what he has written and only managing to alter it to a state halfway between what it was and what he wants it to be.

Originally Posted By: Mutenaught
I think in text. It's more effort to write things incorrectly than to write in proper English. I suppose if I think I know the proper grammar and spelling and I'm wrong I'm likely to be spewing out bad prose, but I think that's not the case.

—Alorael, who produces most of his errors either by typing too fast and skipping words or by editing what he has written and only managing to alter it to a state halfway between what it was and what he wants it to be.

This. Every word of it. Also, I have a bit of an issue with homophones. I know the differences between the words, but I sometimes think one and type the other. I have no idea why.

I also try to keep my spelling and grammar in check. I don't have Chrome or anything else like some of you have. In school I gave some thought about what I wrote and would check it often. Now when I write I don't really care if it isn't perfect. I do want my words to look somewhat intelligent. I do care how I am viewed on these boards.

Post #485 cool

Ihatechat speak,i am so glad that it has died out on these forums. I try to keep my grammer and spelling correct but i am predisposed to making really bad spelling errors, mostly because i can't remember how to spell in the first place. I have a mental condition (but i prefer to call it an atribute) that seems to be the lovechild of dyslexia, autism and some hippies.