A6 - Value of Reposte?

Hanto

Well, if you're able to invest in Riposte, then you must already have some skill points in Parry. Do you like Parry? Do you want to parry melee attacks more often? Then get Riposte. The actual reflected damage is generally not all that significant in itself, but the defensive benefits can be pretty handy, since it's basically an extra layer of parrying.

Thank you both, it seems likely I will invest at least until it starts costing me 7 SP per skill level. I am also noticing that Dexterity with Gymnastics is doing me some good at least against some critters that used to eat me alive i.e. the weird chickens that bite with lightening. I know they're called something else, but can't remember what it is at the moment.

Lazy is the wrong word. Jeff is on a budget, and the budget doesn't include frequent graphics overhauls. He heavily modified graphics from E1 to E2 and from E2 to E3, then changed almost everything for Nethergate, then changed many things again for Geneforge. Since G1 he hasn't had another total graphics overhaul. Maybe it will be time for a new one soon.

—Alorael, who at the very least thinks that something other than "lazy" should be applied to the guy who has written a graphics and engine recycling manifesto.

Is this why it is so difficult to find good info on searches, i.e. this behavior of discussing material that is not pertinent to the topic?? In other words the first two replies to my question directly deal with the topic and such information should have been much easier to find in earlier or related topics.

Personally I would suggest that the info given me in first two replies be condensed in a concise but not to abbreviated manner for inclusion in the TRAITS topic. Just a thought, folks.

Reb

But the info in the Skill Effects topic does not contain the same info given by the first two replies to THIS topic and I, for one, really believe it should be included. And by TRAITS, I meant your Skill Effects topic, Crisis. Info in your list goes like this

RIPOSTE (Cost: 5 -- No Trainers)

+3% chance to riposte hand-to-hand attacks (10-cap) (Max: 50%)

Unlocks after buying 6 Parry, 6 Blademaster

So it only gives part of the needed info and the first two replies to this topic add the meat to the stew...

Reb