The Old Exiles

Zoso

Why do people buy antiques, listen to early music played on period instruments, or demand original versions of anything?

—Alorael, who still can't quite wrap his miind around the idea of E1 with action points. He still has an old version with one man, one round, one action somewhere, although he hasn't touched it in years.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:
I got a Exile I v1.1 for Mac. Tell me if you want it (with the old graphics and the one-move/action turn laugh )!!!
I'm intrigued. Send it my way. tomwatts (at) berkeley (dot) edu
I also have the old E1 and E2. I will be glad to send them to you smile

EDIT : do you have a mac or a PC?

Quote:
Originally written by Archmage Mycroft:
I also have the old E1 and E2. I will be glad to send them to you [smile]

EDIT : do you have a mac or a PC?
I would be interested in the original versions if you have them for PC. Contact me at m4dl33tskills@gmail.com.

EDIT: I typed my email address wrong.

Distribution of Spiderweb games (with a few exceptions) is acceptable and even encouraged as long as you don't distribute registration with the game. If you just send the folder containing the game, you don't share your registration. Problem solved.

—Alorael, who believes the only exceptions are Nethergate and BoE, both of which have separate demo and full versions, not registration codes.

Registration information for Exile 1 is contained in the misc.dat file. If you transfer it without the misc.dat file included, you don't transfer the registration status of the game, so the receiver has to put his old misc.dat file in the folder to make it registered.

I'm not giving away any big secrets by saying this, by the way. It's all in the documentation.