Ending Glitch Again[G5]

I remember seeing a topic here before where someone played through as a rebel and got the Astoria ending instead. Well, I'm having that problem right now as a Trakovite. I never used exitzone in any of the areas where you shouldn't. I'm not sure why this is happening and now I'm afraid I'll never see the Trakovite ending. frown

I just don't understand what I did wrong to make this happen. I killed Greta before the final battle (so she did not appear during it) but I've done that in previous games and they worked fine. My meeting at the citadel went fine, it involved Litalia and everything, so I don't think I messed up there. Anyone got any ideas? Should I email Jeff?

Edit: Ah, one more thing I did was I entered the Taygen only area in the Lost Dera Vault. My unlock spell allowed me to open that door for some reason and even though I knew I wasn't supposed to be there, I ended up picking up his quest item. Not sure how that would get me the Astoria ending. Anyone know how to remove such an item through scripting in case that is what's causing the problem?

Edit: It's called the "Scrying Stone" if that helps. I'm now convinced this toxic item is ruining my game. Please tell me there is a way to remove it. I promise I'll never enter an area I'm not supposed to again. frown

Got my response from Spiderweb:

Originally Posted By: Spiderweb
Hmmmm ... I'm afraid that I have no idea. This is the first report I've had of such a glitch, and it really shouldn't happen to get an ending of a different faction. This is one thing I'm pretty confident will work. If you were able to enter areas you weren't supposed to be able to, however, it is very possible that something got set wrong.

I was a bit surprised to hear that this was the first time they heard about this glitch, seeing as it seems to have happened at least twice before me.

I guess the consensus is that it is the scrying stone that I picked up in the Tagen only area. Though it is strange that this would cause the Astoria ending to happen instead of, I don't know, the Tagen ending.

Anyway, as my game seems unsalvageable, and I really did do all the work and thus deserve a conclusion, I'd like to know if anyone knows where I can find a transcript of all the endings. Anyone know?

When I saw that it was you in the other thread that said it had been a problem before I guess I assumed it was more widely known. Oh, well, he knows now. If its a real problem, he'll fix it, if not... I guess I got my ending. Though someone should organize that site a bit better. I had to basically read each ending until I determined who's ending it was, which is not good if you're like me and don't like spoilers.

• 4 weeks later...

In that case please don't post. You've contributed nothing to the topic, and you've dragged a topic that's been dead for three weeks back to the top for no reason.

—Alorael, who will state Spiderweb preferences simply: let dead topics lie. Unless you have something to say that will truly revive them, all that's left is a zombie thread. Nobody likes zombie threads. They decay all over the carpet.