infiltrators charm and the room with mines???[G5]

My last play-through I was able to reduce the damage from the mines to a little less than 1300 with elemental aura. I haven't gotten there yet with my servile on my second play-through, but here's what I'm going to try:

Equip every endurance boosting item available (i.e. symbiotic cloak, girdle of life...any others?), drop your gruesome charm, use essence infusion and elemental cloak (both can be cast together) and ... any other boosts anyone can think of?

Let me know what happens, it will be a few days before I get there.

I've been trying today, but with no luck. I got my HP to 1018 with the burnt greaves, symbiotic cloak, forbidden band, and girdle of endurance (unequipped gruesome charm). Elemental aura helps and so does battle roar actually. Between the two mines I was able to reduce the damage to 1280 at best. I still have yet to do the Dera Reaches and I'm level 46 so I'm hoping to get in there still.

I was unable to disarm one of the mines as Randomizer did. Was there a trick to disarming one?

Randomizer, that worked like a charm...

You're right essence armor reduces more damage than essence infusion boosts your HP. I reduced the damage to 984 at best. However, I did not survive two mine blasts. After about 20 tries, in battle mode, I was able to disarm one of the mines. I think I went into battle mode, closed the door, hit the space bar, opened the door, then clicked on the right mine. Anyways, thanks.

I've tried again with more endurance and energy resistance items. After casting essence armor my stat looks like: armor - 77%, energy - 84%. With 800 health now I was able survive two mine blasts. Every does about 400 damage (3600 resisted). Actually these two blasts are from single mine as I found other three still pulsing. I'll try to disharm one mine later. So far no luck and would like to invest more points into intelligence instead of endurance.

It is possible to disable both mines in combat mode without triggering. Its not easy though, took me about 30 tries to get it, try to position yourself in a straight line to get there. One mine is actually pretty doable but the second mine always eludes me. I have a screen shot, let me see if I can post it up. (Not sure why the thumbnail is not working since I seldom post images, maybe the moderator can do something about it)

minesf.th.jpg

• 1 month later...