Excellent.[G5]

Bubb9

Originally Posted By: *i
Yeah, Geneforge is nice, but it's time for something the new. The problem is once you have a fully fleshed out world, it becomes constraining, as cool as the world is. I'm really looking forward to what comes after.

Didn't stop Jeff from sinking a whole continent into the ocean at some point between Geneforge 4 and 5.

No, but to be honest, that's a pretty minor thing because we never saw the continent and really did not significantly change the consistency of the actual plot itself. In other words, only the archivists really care.

Now, let's say in making Geneforge 5, Jeff got bored with the rebellion and it just vanished altogether with a cursory explanation, that would seriously make for a disappointing series. Also, if he decided to radically change the dynamics of the universe, that would also make a lot of people go "huh?" as well.

But is at least a single NPC mentioning the "second" Shaper continuant really all that much to ask for? It could of made the world feel bigger, and given it that sort of mysterious feeling we got from Geneforge 1. I mean, at least he could of said a bogus explanation to its/their absence like "They're simply to far away to offer any support". After all, isn't there supposed to be an ocean dividing them. At least then he would have shown he was giving it effort, not just giving up and not mentioning it post G3.

Edit: Like you said *i, if it really didn't matter, would a few blocks of text be to much to ask for.

The Last Archon

Having a second continent completely under Shaper control thats "too far away to offer any support" in a war that's gone on for ten years makes as little sense as the second continent just vanishing.

But yeah, continuity doesn't seem to be Jeff's strongest point. There are a few other errors in G5 besides the missing continent. Dikiyoba is looking forward to something completely new and different.

I said that the Shapers owned a second continent? Doh. What game was that in? Someday, when I rewrite all the Geneforge games, this will be changed.

I'll have perfect continuity as soon as I have a brain large enough to contain all the minutia of 13 distinct storylines (counting Avernum 6, in development).

- Jeff Vogel

Originally Posted By: Spidweb
I said that the Shapers owned a second continent? Doh. What game was that in? Someday, when I rewrite all the Geneforge games, this will be changed.

I'll have perfect continuity as soon as I have a brain large enough to contain all the minutia of 13 distinct storylines (counting Avernum 6, in development).

- Jeff Vogel

I would like to just point out that I had no intentional maliciousness in my post. I truly love your games, though I sometimes forget that this is only one person making them, and that everyone has limits, so I apologize if my tone was perceived as rude.

Oh, and to be a nerd, you imply that there is another landmass in the beginning of Geneforge 1, as the PC is traveling to aid in the reaserch and settlement of a new frontier. At the end of the game, the player arrives at Dillame, which was the eastern port city on Terrestia, which implies that the "homeland"(even though the Shapers can trace their heritage back to Sucia Island) that lies to the east of Terrestia. Similar to the beginning of G1, Geneforge 3 Lord Raul points out that Terrestia is under attack, and mentions it is the less settled of two Shaper continuants.

Want me to do your taxes?

The Last Archon