A4 - Questions

MrsVodes

New to the game; first Avernum actually.

1. I attempted to kill the blue guy in the Tower but no luck, he keeps either freezing me in place or throwing something at me killing me in two turns. Then I can't get my other players to stay back they follow me, in my footsteps.

2. What thaws the freeze?

3. All advice possible, please. I tried to search the forum but it's all so confusing. Sorry for my stupidity.

1. The demon in the upper part of Tower Colony is best done with first being hasted to fight him so you can retreat after casting a spell. I found using spray acid and retreating for a few rounds while the acid did its works helps. Then all you have to directly fight are the summoned monsters outside the room. Repeat as needed. This fight is ironically easier when you have fewer party members.

Having the other characters follow you sounds like you aren't in fight mode.

2. Freeze thaws out over time. Using a prismatic shield spell reduces the chance of being frozen.

3. The search function isn't the best and even knowing a topic title is no guarantee that it will find it.

I tried again three times ... still no luck ... I walk in start the battle and either the first guy gets dead or my mage who is third in line. The beast is just too much. I don't know what a pris shield is I have enduring and bless.

I augment, bless, enduring shield and haste and everyone dies.

I feel like an idiot

Thank you I went to visit X to purchase the spell. My mage is not big enough for me to purchase it. frown How big do you have to be?

I have quests

1. Goblins - can't find anymore got the quest late

2. Undead dust - " " "

3. Rats - " " "

I can't complete which is also making me frown

I got bats that kill me in one turn, more :(ness

I quit trying to kill the blue guy, it was making me blue

1. Swamp goblins appear in the swamp areas mostly to the south and northeast of Fort Dranlon. It just takes a long time to get enough.

2. Undead dust is from killing the cauldron undead in Metris Spiral (check special items to see if you have some). You can't finish this quest if you removed the source there.

3. The rats around Formello reappear in the storerooms so keep going back until you have enough (also appears in special items).

Nalyd:

I saw and understood the emoticon (well, I thought I understood it... depending on the context, sometimes it looks like a wink, sometimes it looks like a look of sarcastic scrutiny; this time I took it for the latter)... I just wanted to clarify the post, and all.

Oh, and to clarify yet another post that probably doesn't need clarifying: My comment on senses of humor wasn't aimed at you.

Just making sure that everyone understands everything crystal clear.

...that being, of course, a diamond-type crystal, not a quartz-type crystal.