Geneforge - Diablo 3 Makeover

Tyses101

LEMME UPDATE  I got this idea while playing the necromancer dlc for diablo 3 because it’s based around using undead minions/ creations to fight for you while you attack from a distance of course there are other character setups where you may choose to not use minions and get up close buttt lately I’ve been thinking about how bad this game needs a remake, new creatures , special commands , (be able to build your own base and set up sharper defenses while npc or automated enemy factions try to raid you) , targeting controls from shaper to creation. Really there is no other game like this out there anywhere , YOU NEED TO START GETTING THIS RDY FOR FULL VR, biggest game ever , SHAPING LIFE, I don’t see how no one else sees this

30 minutes ago, Tyses101 said:

lately I’ve been thinking about how bad this game needs a remake

Geneforge 1 is already going to be remade as Spiderweb's next project, after Queen's Wish.

32 minutes ago, Tyses101 said:

new creatures , special commands ,

These are things which might plausibly appear in the remake, in line with new creations being added in Geneforge 4 and special combat acts being added in the later Avernums and the Avernum remakes.

33 minutes ago, Tyses101 said:

(be able to build your own base and set up sharper defenses while npc or automated enemy factions try to raid you)

This would be a totally different game from Geneforge and is irreconcilable with the design of the game.

36 minutes ago, Tyses101 said:

YOU NEED TO START GETTING THIS RDY FOR FULL VR,

There doesn't seem to be much point in making a 2d game VR-capable, and real-time 3d graphics are far out of Spiderweb's budget. Further, even if it was in 3d, it's very doubtful that Spiderweb would ever go to the extra effort and expense of making the game VR-capable, as it would almost certainly not net enough extra sales to be worth it. Only two Spiderweb games have ever been ported to Linux for this reason.

39 minutes ago, Tyses101 said:

Really there is no other game like this out there anywhere , … biggest game ever , SHAPING LIFE,

Remember Spore?

4 hours ago, googoogjoob said:

and is irreconcilable with the design of the game.

*Cough cough* I dare to disagree with that.

However... Diablo is a veeeeeeeery different game than GForge. One is an enjoyable (for those that like the genre) hack-an-slash while the other is a game with complex morals, exploration, a deep story, learning about the world etc.

Geneforge is not, and IMO should not, be a diablo-like game where you just lead a bunch of creation to battle through large dungeons.

But to say that "be able to build your own base and set up sharper defenses while npc or automated enemy factions try to raid you" is incompatible with the game is ignoring the power of modding. It is perfectly doable (I have two mods about it) but certainly not in a Diablo-like way.

Edited by alhoon