Where can I buy a boat on the surface (Kriszan area) ??

5 minutes ago, Superteeth said:

You can't ever buy a boat. Some places you use the Orb of Thralni to reach, and otherwise you use boats that immediately transport you to where you go without being able to freely go where you want.

Wow... that's pretty sad; one of the things I enjoyed about the original A3, was being able to tool around in a boat and explore out-of-the-way places... Maybe I'll just go back to that version, though I think I'll be stuck at 800x600 if I do...

23 minutes ago, Derell Licht said:

Wow... that's pretty sad; one of the things I enjoyed about the original A3, was being able to tool around in a boat and explore out-of-the-way places... Maybe I'll just go back to that version, though I think I'll be stuck at 800x600 if I do...

In the original A3, you could buy a boat in Upper Avernum, but not on the surface.

So far, the only boat I've found you can buy is in Upper Avernum. It will take you to Silverlocke's Hut on that small island, though for the life of me, I don't know what it will take for her (?) to talk to me. You won't need it on the surface after you get the Orb of Thralni, and w/ cheap ferries.

Edited by BenS

11 hours ago, Derell Licht said:

Hokay, I can live with that...
I *still* miss tooling around on the rivers (I *think* it was in A1), checking out territory, but none of the monster bands could reach me... and I could reach places that I simply couldn't reach by land.  I loved the feeling of exploring!!!

That was probably A1. I too love the sense of freedom and exploration that is so prevalent in the first game. Naturally, you spend a lot of time boating around in A2 as well, but then you have Empire invasion on your mind. Come to think of it, the "boats" we see on the surface are actually large fishing or trading vessels and would likely be a tad too difficult to handle for a small group of people with no experience of sailing, let alone the open sea.