What do you think of Litalia?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic
alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• Member ID: 16,946
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:20 PM #71 What do you think of Litalia?

Well, when the appearance is a 12 foot tall upright lizard, I do. We don't even know how Drakons reproduce BTW. I think it is mentioned that Drayks have eggs although I am not sure. Something in GF4.
Let me twist it a bit. What if Litalia was attracted to a sentient Vlish? Would you consider that non-perverse?
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia

GF5 mod with extra quest chain here!  Discover who you are and set up your base.

"Ohhh, no! No, it's so close! So close!" - Blxz, ambushed by an Unbound

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,914 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:07 PM #72 What do you think of Litalia?

View Postalhoon, on 11 March 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

What if Litalia was attracted to a sentient Vlish? Would you consider that non-perverse?
Let's not get started on tentacled creations. :)
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Gameman112358 Gameman112358

Mercenary

• Member ID: 18,737
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:00 AM #73 What do you think of Litalia?

*Reads part where Litalia is supposedly attracted to Ghaldring*
I have a sneaking suspicion that the two of them are more attracted to the fact that both of them have completely wiped away their sanity to become extremely powerful beings. They seem more attracted to each other by the raw power that they possess, rather than any romantic connections. Wouldn't be shocking, given the individuals we're talking about here (Both of them are ridiculously power hungry, and crazy as well).

*Reads part about Litalia attracted to sentient Vlish*
*Tries not to laugh and gag at the same time at the image*

Off topic question: Aren't vlish supposed to have some creation support abilities over creations? In game text suggests that Vlish are capable of controlling dumber creations (Battle Alphas, Glaahks, basically creations that require a master to give them orders), and some of the Vlish players fight have more support capabilities to reflect this (Vlish that heal creations fighting alongside it, for example). They're not sentient, but we're sorta told that they're smart enough to be able to lead and support creations to a degree much like a Shaper/lifecrafter would. I'm trying to think of ways to reflect that; maybe if you create a vlish, your creations get some stat buffs? (Only problem I'm seeing is how it can be scripted in; I don't really know any tricks to do so at the moment.)

alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• 685 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:14 AM #74 What do you think of Litalia?

I'll reply to that in the script thread. Let's keep that to bash Litalia, which I agree is attracted to raw power and canister abuse.

GF5 mod with extra quest chain here!  Discover who you are and set up your base.

Mercenary

• 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:42 AM #75 What do you think of Litalia?

Back on topic, Litalia's probably one of the most insane characters in the Geneforge series. Huge amounts of raw power, self-shaping abuse, kill counts that would make most psychopathic murders go green with envy, and complete insanity. And that's probably just the tip of the iceberg. Seriously, I'm not surprised Ghaldring and Litalia are somewhat drawn to each other; they're very similar to one another in many aspects.

I think Litalia's an awesome character, in a dark, insane way, but at the same time, I would not hesitate to put a thorn or thirty into if I was given the chance. I'm actually surprised that the only NPC that gives you a quest to kill Litalia is that Drakon researcher in Gazaki-Uss; I kinda thought that some of the Shapers would give a quest to do that, considering that Litalia herself is a high priority target for Shapers to take down, as well as the fact that she leads the Trakovites, who both sides hate about as much (if not more) than each other. (but then again, if you can talk to that Drakon researcher NPC in Gazaki-Uss, you've already locked yourself in with Ghaldring's faction, so it's probably assumed that you won't be joining other factions anytime soon.)

Nim Nim

Shaman

• Member ID: 6,802
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:39 PM #76 What do you think of Litalia?

View PostGameman112358, on 12 March 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

(but then again, if you can talk to that Drakon researcher NPC in Gazaki-Uss, you've already locked yourself in with Ghaldring's faction, so it's probably assumed that you won't be joining other factions anytime soon.)
You can talk to her standing just outside the door, no need to join Ghaldring ;)

Mercenary

• 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:06 PM #77 What do you think of Litalia?

You can somehow do that without triggering the entire place to try and kill you? News to me. XD

alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• 685 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:33 PM #78 What do you think of Litalia?

You can always join and then get out of his faction...
Also the Shapers don't know probably that Litalia leads the Trakovites. And given Alwan's kinda insane obsession that turned pacifist Philosophy to Litalia's playground fanatics, I believe it's an omission that you don't get to say the line "Guess WHO leads the Trakovites! I infiltrated the sect making them trust me. I am ready to betray them for money now, since they can't train me in Shaping."

Mercenary

• 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:21 PM #79 What do you think of Litalia?

Betraying Ghaldring's faction has more severe consequences than betraying other factions. Looking at the scripts, if you betray a Shaper faction or the Trakovites, the faction leader will be angry, but will let you go. If you betray Ghaldring, the second you step in Gazaki-Uss after doing so, the area will be hostile and everyone will try to kill you. Saw it in the scripts. You could totally just get the quests from Ghaldring's faction and then betray them, but meh.

I'm not really surprised that Alwan's got an obsession with destroying Trakovites. I mean, it is Alwan we're talking about. He's been known to be pretty fanatical in his beliefs ever since his introduction in GF3, so it wouldn't really shock me that he's got a thing for hunting down Trakovites.

I'm more surprised that the Shapers don't bother to keep Litalia on their radar. You'd think they'd at least try to keep track of her activities, given that she's known to be a real pain in the a** for the Shapers, considering her roles in GF3 and GF4. You can tell that Agent in Mera that there is a Trakovite Haven in the Okavano swamp, but you can't tell her that one of the biggest enemies of the Shapers is the one leading them. I find that pretty weird; you can tell Alwan for example that the rebellion are working on a new generation of Unbound, if you snuck around the Gazaki-Uss laboratories and didn't get caught, why can't you tell a Shaper "Hey, one of your worst enemies is leading the Trakovites! Thought that you should know that."?

alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• 685 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:17 PM #80 What do you think of Litalia?

That's what I'm talking about. it would make finding the Trakovites more impactful even if we get a "I can't spare the resources now" or "We will wait to round their friends too." or something. I mean, the moment you tell Alwan\Taygen and perhaps even Rawal or Astoria that Litalia hit the grass, there should be a Terrestia-size celebration with Shaper cities throwing big balloon-like creations and fireworks and cities of the Rebels holding solemn memorials (and a few fireworks)

Someone should make a mod about that; checking that Litalia died and then being the talk in taverns in the random bubbles or random people, with big rewards from Shapers. And by big rewards I don't mean 600 gp, a gem, 2 crystals and a wand you don't need. I mean something really big. Rawal is Shaping-others-prone but the rest should offer LOTS of money at least.

Mercenary

• 81 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:04 PM #81 What do you think of Litalia?

I'll talk about the possible mod and the rewards you could get from telling the Shapers that you killed Litalia in the other thread. Though I think the other councilors would probably be very pleased to hear Litalia's demise. Alwan would probably be the most pleased to hear about Litalia's death, considering his background.

alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• 685 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:36 PM #82 What do you think of Litalia?

Well, I can't make all the mods. Someone else has to do that. :) If you do, I'll happily incorporate it in mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users