The treatment of NPCs

Luca

Originally Posted By: Silver Shadow
I'm definitely slaughtering the Shaper Council at least once for being so dratted imbecilic and closed-minded. Of course, if they hadn't been, we wouldn't have had these games. But that's okay... I can still hold it against them. ^_^

Inspired, I took it upon myself to question the ethics of mankind.

Whilst playing a game that had nothing at all to do with Geneforge one of my favorite characters died. I felt sad, I asked another person poll 1 and they didn’t seem to care. Perhaps this is because the person had not become involved in the story. Lets find out.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Nebulan
you've done a few, but it's imposible to determine the total number of quests, since you didn't make the game.

The game has to run out of places to visit and people to talk to eventually. Dikiyoba can wait.

Windows user. But I have a tendency now to kill towns to see if anything useful drops. You people have corrupted me.

I have an issue with the a couple of questions.

Firstly, question 2. I's need to know more details about the group - if, for instance, they are a small group of mainly women and children trying to create a safe home, then I'm less likely to turn on them then if it were, say, a small band of Shapers trying to infiltrate a Rebel safehouse.

Also,the last question. How about I use it, but don't kill the NPC, huh? I think the same thing happened in GF3, when Alwan told you not to use the cannister on the first island, and I didn't have to kill him to use it.

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
I's need to know more details about the

group.

it's a small organization like the awakened. Your tempted by a group like the takers.

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
How about I use it, but don't kill the NPC, huh?

This situation has higher stakes, if you use it the NPC will attack you.

The last question is slightly flawed, it sort-of depends on what faction you were with. As in the canister hating shapers or power hungery rebels.

Look people I think this is awsome for my first poll, I'm extatic that it came out half right.

Enjoy it while you can, I don't think I will have the attention span to do this again for another two years.

This is wonderfull, it looks like people aren't as evil as I thought they were, they get involved in the story. I wonder if results would change if I threw up this poll in a mindless shooting game like halo.

Of course, thats not to say that you wouldn't save and reload. But if I had put that option there nearly everyone would have picked it.

You disgust yourself because you don't feel sorry for people?

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
The game has to run out of places to visit and people to talk to eventually. Dikiyoba can wait.

just thought about this...

What if there are quests involving the village, from other villages...?

Originally Posted By: Nikki
Firstly, question 2. I's need to know more details about the group - if, for instance, they are a small group of mainly women and children trying to create a safe home, then I'm less likely to turn on them then if it were, say, a small band of Shapers trying to infiltrate a Rebel safehouse.

But it's Geneforge. The women and children are probably trying to create a safe home by secretly creating tons of gigantic exploding wingbolt golems that spew gouts of acid and lightning every ten seconds. tongue

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Poll 1

Option: "Other: None of these describes me!!!" 4(13%)

Originally Posted By: Poll 4

Option: "Other: I can’t think of another one, but if you can…" 1(03%)

I had hoped that when people picked this option they would say what their "Other" was...

Originally Posted By: Nikki
Jeff is gonna be so pissed that somebody let slip the new tier 6 creation.

That's just the battle creation. The new fire creation and magic creation are even more insane. The leather-clad biker drakons from hell make the unbound look like tame kittens. And don't even get Dikiyoba started on the iVlish.

The only reason why the invisibility cloak can save you from the petrifying gaze is because whatever is trying to petrify you can't actually gaze at you.

However, if you were silly and actually looked into its eyes (whatever 'it' happens to be), then nothing could save you then, because you just did the work for it.

B.T.W. Doesn't mass invulnerability have the vulnerability to not work if your character is already affected by a status problem (e.g. poison)? Or is that just me?