Time Magazine: Shaper of the Year

Who do you think has contributed the most to the art of shaping within the span of the Geneforge games? Please be prepared to support your decision, and be aware that the game can be full of propaganga, we are looking for actual achievements here.

I did not include Danette because she is the undisputed master of her own field (self-shaping). No one has ever really improved on Danettes works since, so that puts her in her own catagory.

Tuldaric's should read "Magical Capacity for Serviles and Humans." Or didn't you augment yourself in G2, ET? (Edit: And it's spelled Tuldaric.)

I'm a little confused at your continued use of the term "self-shaping". Isn't the distinction really between

(1) creating new life forms (traditional shaping)

(2) modifying existing creations

(3) modifying humans

Also, did Litalia actually invent the Warped Creators?

I was actually modified by the Barzites.

What I meant by self-shaping was modifying humans. This pretty much only removes Danette from the picture, anyone else is fair game. I did this because it is difficult to decide which is more significant: modifying people or making better creations. I want this poll to be limited to new and/or improved creations.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not certain Litalia invented the creator, but she is the only person in the game to make them, so I thought it was a fair assumption. It was either her, Akhari-Blaze, or Ghaldring, so feel free to replace her name with whomever you think may have invented them when you vote.

Actually that wasn't a drakon, it was Tuldaric:

Code:
text1 = "MAGIC AND THE SERVILES, by Learned Jaffee";text2 = "When the Shapers created us serviles, they were faced witha great quandary. How were they to simultaneously give usintelligence and autonomy and take from us the powers that come tohuman students of the arts of power?";text3 = "Keeping serviles from learning magic was of greatimportance to them, so they attempted to shape us to make us unableto work spells. They were partially successful. Learning magic waspossible for serviles, but generally drove the caster mad.";text4 = "But that is in the past. Thanks to the Shaping techniqueslearned on Sucia Island, the blocks placed on the serviles by theShapers have largely been removed. And that is only one of themarvelous modifications Tuldaric has performed.";text5 = "We Awakened see ourselves as free beings, equal to humans.Thanks to our work here, that claim has much more justification.";
Edit: Tully, well done for finally coming up with a poll that Barzahl will win...

Mica,

I know that Tulduric discovered how to alter serviles. But I also thought that the Drakons made a similiar discovery independent of Tulduric and the Awakened (eg. Eass has the ability to Shape you without any required machinery).

Or was that only after you stole the Awakaned Research for the Takers? I'm not sure.

This is the best poll idea I've seen in a long time. I had to go with Barzahl, somewhat to my surprise. Actually generating new types of intelligent and mobile creations seems like the biggest step to me, more or less on grounds of coolness, and Barzahl gave us several powerful creations, apparently single-handedly.

I sort of wish, now, that G2 could have had more scripting and plotting, like G4. Maybe then Barzahl himself wouldn't be stuck in my memory as this idiot who just stood there glowing while you gradually destroyed his empire, and finally him. Thinking back now, it seems he deserved better.

Quote:
Originally written by Waylander:
Mica,

I know that Tulduric discovered how to alter serviles. But I also thought that the Drakons made a similiar discovery independent of Tulduric and the Awakened (eg. Eass has the ability to Shape you without any required machinery).

Or was that only after you stole the Awakaned Research for the Takers? I'm not sure.
This point is unclear. However, everyone in the valley beyond Freegate -- the Takers, Barzites and Awakened -- originally worked together. It was only when Barzahl became megalomanaical that the Takers and Awakened left. We know that the designs for Drakons/Gazers/Rots all came from that collaborative period, with Barzahl's mind behind them. The simplest explanation for Tuldaric's augmentation would seem to be the parallel one.

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
I sort of wish, now, that G2 could have had more scripting and plotting, like G4. Maybe then Barzahl himself wouldn't be stuck in my memory as this idiot who just stood there glowing while you gradually destroyed his empire, and finally him. Thinking back now, it seems he deserved better.
If I can convince more people of this, all the time I've wasted here will have been worth it.

Emp:

Quote:

If I can convince more people of this, all the time I've wasted here will have been worth it.

You don't need to convince me. I always thought that Barzhal was a pretty impressive character, and that he should have been fleshed out more. It would have been awesome to see him go one-on-one with one of the Taker Triad.

Although in a sense, it isn't wise for the leader of a faction to run headlong into danger. As they say, if the head of the snake is sliced off, the snake will die... Better to stay safe in your hall softly glowing, while your minions do the dirty work.