Please ruin the game for me by answering my unending curiosity[G5]

The Lurker

As in, you know, what are the two hard areas this time? Are they really hard? Who are the hardest bosses? Are there areas where monsters endlessly respawn like in GF4's Western Morass and Shaper Camp? Do you get to fight Ghaldring (I'm willing to bet that yes :p)? Are the faction bosses like Litalia (presumably) and the Shaper Council actually difficult to beat? How many anvils are there? Is there an Easter Egg boss like the Uberoozebeast?

Is there a title screen Easter Egg?

There's probably more, but that will be all for now.

I just killed Litalia, as it happens. She's pretty tough; even with a level 44 Sorceress and four War Tralls, a direct assault was suicide. I had to use Charm to turn her creations against her (Mass Madness was too unreliable), and even then it took some thought and caution to stay alive. Her hideout is poorly defended in general, though, so once you've killed her and her creations you can almost walk right out of there.

I'm in Ghaldring's faction, so wiping out the Shaper Council is the next order of business. After I'm done I'll reload to a save from before I joined him and finish the Astoria path. It's hard to guess who the bosses are in Astoria's faction, so that'll be interesting to see.

Derenton Freehold in GF4 could be pretty bad indeed - the fact that many creations could rush you as soon as you entered the hostile Freehold didn't help.

GF4 Khyryk, well, I vaguely remember that a direct assault was not recommended either. I'm going to refresh my memory by fighting him with Soulflayer.

I didn't find Litalia that hard for my agent on torment.

There is a really tough expert dungeon reached from the Okavano Barrier once you get the two access crystals. Much harder than the Titan Hall beneath the Black Door in GF4. Mostly mini-boss fights leading up to the boss of all bosses.

Four factions get to fight Ghaldring, but you get help for the fights

Talis-Eye in Lerman's Pass is probably the hardest fight in the regular game. Clearing Gorash-Kel can be hard.

I didn't play G3, and I haven't gotten through that part of G4 yet, but anything that Randomizer claims is harder than the Titan will, I think, be completely impossible for me.

—Alorael, who survived Tallis-Eye by attrition. If you're willing to chew through your stash of pods and spores and you have plenty of creations to devote to mop-up duty to keep the turrets and worms from burying you, you can leave only a creation or two in range of the stunning and slowing abuse the gazer throws at you. The fight requires patience and regular applications of Banish Affliction, but it can be turned into the kind of attrition fight at which that your pod-loaded character excels.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
I didn't find Litalia that hard for my agent on torment.

Yeah, she wasn't too bad once I went back and got Charm. Trying to fight her with only Dominate and Mass Madness was an exercise in frustration.

For Tallis-Eye, I just came back once I had War Tralls. The battle was fairly manageable by that point.

Originally Posted By: The Lurker
Derenton Freehold in GF4 could be pretty bad indeed - the fact that many creations could rush you as soon as you entered the hostile Freehold didn't help.

GF4 Khyryk, well, I vaguely remember that a direct assault was not recommended either. I'm going to refresh my memory by fighting him with Soulflayer.

Derenton wasn't that bad. Just add some endurance to a hasted Thahd to lure things out.

Originally Posted By: Your Famous Blue Raincoat

Derenton wasn't that bad. Just add some endurance to a hasted Thahd to lure things out.

When I played as a Shaper Lifecrafter, the difficulty didn't lie in luring creations out, but in keeping them inside. The enemies in Derenton are scripted to focus on your main character as soon as you enter the hostile Freehold (until you distract them, and you cannot distract them by merely having a Thahd move near them). There are a few other areas like this, like the respawning enemies in the Shaper camp, or the Grayghost Gates, or Aziraph Camp Gamma. Sure, you can rush in and attack Litalia while the Freehold is still friendly, but then it's tough to get out alive.

Alorael : The first form of the Titan should give you little trouble as long as you destroy the Sentinels before attacking it. The real problem is surviving the attacks of the second one, and taking care of the creatures the third one summons. Rotdhizons can be pretty bad. Overall, I found the Monastery Caves to be harder (then again, I wasn't that good a GF player when I finished GF3, but I remember the three Rots, the respawning rogues, and the Alpha Creator to be pretty nasty).

As a Shaper and Agent, I remember the Crypts to be pretty easy (especially the Shaper Crypt, which my Shaper cleared using mostly Vlish). As a Guardian... hmm, can't remember.

Gazak-Uss in GF2 is fairly easy too, with the *possible* exception of the Drakon Master.

The Sealed Catacombs really aren't too difficult, especially for an expert dungeon, and the Titan isn't all that bad once you figure out the right tactics to deal with each form.

The hardest Geneforge game is in my opinion GF3, and that includes the expert dungeons. The Monastery Caves can be difficult if you aren't very well prepared, especially against the Alpha Creator.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Jeff makes each fight need a specific way to get through them, but charm seems to be the best way for almost all of them. Only the pair bound constructs fails with charm since they can't be affected.

Oddly enough, they're not immune to Daze. Dazing them every round and praying that the spell would stick was the only way I found to kill them, since they could more or less wipe out my entire party in one attack.

A handy hint: if you leave the area after waking up the Charged Drakon and return, it stops shaping creations to hunt you down, and doesn't seem to start again even if you alert it to your presence again. This is helpful.

The Charged Drakon was easy

burning spray and charm everything it summons

The pair bound constructs have one way that works

Use ensnaring fibers and essence lances or lightning aura, then retreat to the rotghroth area and run around in circles while reapplying the spells as needed until they drop. This way you avoid most damage and they stay apart so they can't share health.

Great. If even *you* are having trouble, I'm sure it means that it really is going to be hard. wink

Just finished clearing it out and am now the proud owner of a shiny new Omnicharm. The final boss of the second area is deceptively hard: he doesn't have many HP, but he has some brutal attacks and recovers health increasingly fast throughout the battle. Having 6 war tralls meant that I could hit him fast enough to keep up with his healing, but a solo character would have real problems.

You're really making me wish I had a Mac. I wonder if there could be a legal way to get Mac emulators to work on my computer... Maybe by buying a license or something like that.

By "solo character", do you mean a "solo character class" like the Infiltrator, or do you mean a character with no creations? Because Infiltrators and Serviles can have a few powerful creations with them if they want to (this does work in GF5, right? Apparently there are items that help with Shaping).

By "solo character", do you mean a "solo character class" like the Infiltrator, or do you mean a character with no creations? Because Infiltrators and Serviles can have a few powerful creations with them if they want to (this does work in GF5, right? Apparently there are items that help with Shaping).

They can and should. With two or three strong creations and a little good fortune, you'd probably be able to manage the expert area.